A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. John Coon:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
The overall average patient rating of Dr. John Coon is Good.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Prepare before visiting Dr. Coon
Skin Cancer Patient Education Read about Melanoma, basal cell and squamous cell carcinoma types in our skin cancer patient education guide.Before Visiting Dr. Coon Learn More
|More Patient Guides & Topics|
Specialties & Research
Dr. John Coon, FACS, MD is board certified in Surgery.
- He has special expertise in 2 areas:
- Gastric Bypass (Gastrojejunostomy)
- Weight Loss Surgery (Bariatric Surgery)
Education & Awards
Dr. Coon graduated from University of Illinois at Chicago. He has 2 awards.
Dr. Coon has 2 hospital affiliations:
- Riverside Community Hospital
- Parkview Community Hospital Medical Center
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Dr. John Levi Coon FACS and MD is a male Surgeon, has 43 years of experience and practices in Surgery.
- Where does Dr. John L. Coon practice?
- Dr. John Coon has 1 office location.
Dr. John Coon practices Surgery near Riverside, CA.
See Riverside Surgeons.