A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. John Freeman:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
- Currently 4 of 4 stars
The overall average patient rating of Dr. John Freeman is Excellent.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Specialties & Research
Dr. John Freeman, MD is board certified in Orthopaedic Surgery.
- He has special expertise in 5 areas:
- Hip Osteoarthritis
- Hip Surgery (Hip Replacement Arthroplasty)
- Knee Osteoarthritis
- Knee Surgery (Knee Replacement Arthroplasty)
- Osteoarthritis (Hand and Wrist)
Education & Awards
Dr. Freeman graduated from Tulane University, New Orleans.
Dr. Freeman has 6 hospital affiliations:
- Johnson City Medical Ctr
- Sycamore Shoals Hospital
Accepted Insurance Plans
Dr. Freeman accepts these health insurances in at least one office:
- United Healthcare - 15 plans
- Great-West Healthcare - 2 plans
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of Tennessee - 9 plans
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of Illinois - 2 plans
- Bluegrass Family Health - 1 plan
- Cigna - 13 plans
- Humana - 9 plans
- USA H & W Network - 1 plan
- Aetna - 2 plans
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Where does Dr. John L. Freeman practice?
Dr. John Freeman practices Orthopaedic Surgery, Thoracic Surgery, and Cardiothoracic Vascular Surgery near Greeneville, TN.
Additional practice locations include: Elizabethton, TN.
See Greeneville Orthopedic Surgeons and Greeneville Cardiothoracic Surgeons.