A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. John Hinton:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
The overall average patient rating of Dr. John Hinton is Average.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Prepare before visiting Dr. Hinton
Lyme Disease Patient Education Read about the Lyme borreliosis bacteria transmitted by ticks in our Lyme disease patient education guide.Before Visiting Dr. Hinton Learn More
Specialties & Research
Dr. John Hinton, MD is board certified in Neurology and Sleep Medicine.
- He has special expertise in 12 areas:
- Alzheimer's Disease
- Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD) / Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Bipolar Disorder / Manic Depressive Disorder
- Depressive Disorder
- Migraine Disorders
- Multiple Sclerosis (MS)
- Sleep Disorders
Education & Awards
Dr. Hinton graduated from University of South Alabama, Mobile.
Dr. Hinton has 3 hospital affiliations:
- Providence Hospital
- Mobile Infirmary
- Springhill Memorial Hospital
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Dr. John L Hinton MD is a male Neurologist, has 23 years of experience and practices in Neurology, Psychiatry, and Sleep Medicine.
- Where does Dr. John L. Hinton practice?
- Dr. John Hinton has 2 office locations.
Dr. John Hinton practices Neurology, Psychiatry, and Sleep Medicine near Mobile, AL.
See Mobile Neurologists and Mobile Psychiatrists.