Dr. John Landsberg MD Patient Reviews

• Family Medicine Santa Barbara, CA

• Good
  • Bad

March 11th, 2016
Terrible Doctor! Don't go see him. He's awful!!

March 3rd, 2011
Beware of this man, "Doctor"
This particular "doctor" is a dangerous one...I was his patient for over twelve years, he started out seeming like a caring man and I did sometimes feel like he was "doing his best."After the tenth year of "care" he was simply overwhelmed with the amount of patients he was to "care for" and things went horribly wrong from there...At one point there was even physical abuse on his part...he chose to grab me and "bear hug me" instead of letting me see the chart that by law belongs to me...Why he wouldn't just let me see my own chart after so many written and verbal requests I will probably never know...I was "written off" and labeled as aggressive instead of assertive when I started to realize that he definately was "not doing his best." Since I have been out of "his care" I have been happier and more healthy than I ever was while "under his care."I advise ANYONE who is currently with this "doctor" to re-think their options...especially female patients!!!As patients in America we have sort of forgotten that WE have the power over our own health and that the "doctors" are often just reading symptoms out of a book and not treating the whole person.My advice, stay away from this man...I had to learn the hard way...I hope this helps @ least one person save themselves a lot of pain and mistreatment...I also had to endure a lot of hearing his personal information...things I didn't want to ever know about him...and things a "patient" should never be privy to when seeing a medical pracitioner!!!All the time he spent telling me about his wife...his son...his frustrations about working within the county system...all of that time could have easily been spent actually doing his job...instead the end result was shameful and a pathetic example of what patients who are not empowered will for sure experinece time and again if they are not aware of how damaging an "indifferent doctor" can be to their health...Please think twice...My blessings and compassion go out to anyone who is currently under his care and to anyone else who has been mistreated by this "doctor" and his staff...

September 24th, 2015