Dr. John Lavery MD Patient Reviews

• Rheumatology Allen, TX

December 15th, 2016
Best Rheumatologist!
I always feel better after my visit with Dr. Lavery. He is very compassionate and always answers my questions and gets me to feeling better.

October 24th, 2016
patient
Love the staff and Dr. very helpful and always so friendly.

July 17th, 2016
Incredible doctor.

June 23rd, 2016
Awesome doctor
He is a very good doctor. I drive several miles to get to his office.

September 24th, 2013
Dr. Lavery is wonderful and has helped me with all of my needs. His staff is very helpful and I appreciate ALL of them

August 20th, 2012
He has so many patients, heards them in/out. I feel dismissed. Office staff has changed - much better. His assistants are so rushed, they forget requests. Call back often. Time to, yet again, find a new rheumy.

April 11th, 2012
I absolutely LOVE Dr. Lavery. He is amazing as a Dr. I can't say much for his office staff. I have never dealt with someone as rude and inconsiderate to my needs as Mary his front desk receptionist. I hate walking in to his office or calling for fear that I have to deal with her before I can get someone who actually knows what's going on, on the phone. She thinks she can make nursing and medical decisions, when in fact she has no clue. Stephanie one of the Medical Assistants does a great job in filling prescriptions and following up with the patients. Dr. Lavery as a Dr. is great. His office manager the new gentleman in the office is not very pleasant either.

April 9th, 2012
Awful, Awful Receptionist EVER!!!
I have been seeing Dr. Lavery for about 4-5 yrs. He's really caring, but I think he suffers from ADHD. Always seems to be up on the latest info, meds for your condition. Now for the worst part! When I started there, I truly LOVED all the office staff. In fact we wanted to move from the area but decided its sooo hard to find dr office that has it all. So we stayed. One by one, the turn-over has been unbelievable! If it weren't for Stephanie and Vanessa I'd be outa there. Mary Is unbelievably Awful, Bizarre, And Oh So Exasperating! And the office manager is just as BAD. He actually called & chewed me out because my husband stopped by to pick-up a Rx instead of me. He was actually yelling at me on the phone. So, I'm not sure I would ever recommend this office to anyone. If it weren't for the doc and the closeness to my home, I would find a new doc. After writing this review, I'm mad all over again. Maybe I will start looking.

August 26th, 2011
Very polite & caring
I have been a patient of Dr. Lavery's since 2001. He is very thorough and if he has any doubt he will recommend a doctor in a different field. My husband goes with me 9 out of 10 times & Dr. Lavery is very cordial with him also. Every once in a while his professional shell cracks and a joke comes out. He is a human being and a very professional dr. I would recomment him to my family anyday. He has been very good at filling out any disablity forms that are requested. I would be lost without him in the area.

July 6th, 2011
Good Dr.
I think Dr. Lavery does a pretty good job at managing my lupus. He does listen to my wishes and helps in every way he knows how.

June 30th, 2011
Dr. John P. Lavery, McKinney TX
What I like about Dr. Lavery is he actually cares about the welfare of his patients. His nursing staff Stepanie and Vanessa go above and beyond in calling back after talking to Dr. Lavery and following up with questions. They always call in presciptions as needed right away. Suffering from Sjorgens and fibromyalgia Dr. Lavery is always willing to explore diffent options. And always willing to make changes in medications when necessary. He is always willing to reach out to other physicians outside his specialty. He always makes sure his patients are seen in an expediant manner. He was able to correct my autoammune diseases that were misdiagnosed by another rheumatoligist.

June 4th, 2011
Dr. Lavery is both a fine physician and a gentleman. He always asks what is of greatest concern to me and, then, makes every effort to effectively treat the condition. He cares.