Dr. John Lawall Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. John Lawall?

• Good
  • Bad
  • Good
  • Bad

August 13th, 2017

GO W/SOMEONE ELSA

WENT IN FOR BOTOX FIR CHRONIC MIGRAINES- HAD BAD REACTION/SWOLLEN EYE LIDS/CHEEKS. AFTER 2 WEEKS OF TRYING TO GET HIM TO SEE ME FOR THE SWELLING HE WAS UNCARING SAID IT WAS NORMAL???? TOLD HIM MY PAIN IS WORSE THAN BEFORE, WAS TOLD TO TAKE TYLENOL.?? 4 WEEKS STILL HAVE EYELIDS SWOLLEN, CONSIDERING SEEING A LAWYER..

May 20th, 2014

Triage Nurses of his are the absolute pits.

Just had a change of insurance, one of the 2 migraine meds that I take 2X per week he has me on, my new insurance won't cover. The injectable form of the same med is covered by my insurance but the instructions on the packet are to vague and it's been so long since I've needed to actually use the injectable thanks to my old insurance covering it...I've forgotten the details of the weekly dosage. So When I called the Dr to ask that question as to what the maximum safe dosage of the injectable med is safe to take, the woman who took the message seems fine enough, repeated it to me, was ok thanks...then later on in the week one of the triage nurses, a guy named Barry calls me back with an answer to a question I did not ask, like he was answering someone else's question. Well when I tryed to tell him oh excuse me that answer had nothing to do with the question ''I '' asked, as I was trying to tell him the question I asked, he denied that I ever asked that question (what a jerk) I proceeded to try to ignore that and to focus on telling him what ''my'' question was, I got interrupted and I did not like his tone. Then I asked him to repeat the question he thought I asked. He did, but that was not the question I asked and I asked him how he ever got the wrong question, he said did you ever play that game telephone when you were a kid, and that's why. Then I asked him my question again & he acted like he did not hear me, so sigh...I repeated it then he proceed to give me some lame answer telling me the Dr should call me with the answer to 'my' question within the next 2 weeks. Then I asked him what happened to the 24 to 48 hour rule? I'm like not ok with this 2 weeks, thus I will try to find the answer to this question via my primary care Dr instead, his office staff is never this rude. I don't recommend him to anyone, although he is competent, he does not stand by his patients, he stands by his rude office staff and the only reason I see him is because he is the only doctor who does botox shots also that my insurance covers in town. My overall rating for this dr is poor, he does not have the best bedside manner and his office staff is the worst in town. You can't get appt's in timely manner and calling the office the on hold times are the pits.

September 6th, 2013

RN in Tucson

This was the worst encounter I've had with a physician ever. I am a nurse in the system where he works! He was dismissive, had no empathy, not forthcoming with explanations, didn't ask if I had any questions or concerns. He made me feel like I was wasting his time.

June 17th, 2013

Monica at the La Cholla location was a big problem

I just wrote this review this morning before my appointment but wish to add something real important and there is no edit option I'd like to add I went in today for another follow up appointment and again was really pleased with Dr. Lawall & even learned he can help with my bad back problems too but on the way out something bad happened...it happened at his La Cholla location and it was one of his office staff lady named Monique, she was absolutely awful..I have a hearing disability that I see Dr Lawall for, my complaint is about this office staff lady Monique who was very mean to me, she refused to slow down her speech and repeat what I could not hear and when I asked her to, she got snippy and Refused, I told her the type of hearing problem I have is C.A.P.D. and it's legally covered under the Americans with Disabilities Act and requested a simple accommodation that the law says I am entitled to...Monique flat out refused anyway, that was a violation of my rights, I went and got the office manager whom apologized and took the time to explain and repeat to me what Monique refused to do. That's all I wanted to add...If you go to the La Cholla office try to avoid dealing with Monique! Here is the original post So far I am pleased with Dr Lawall, I have been seeing him for ADHD and Migraines. He takes Ahcccs and though I was warned by another Dr about his personality clashing with mine...that didn't happen. I get on just fine with him, find him very pleasant and understanding, bedside manner NO Problem and I am hard to please! I'd recommend him to a friend should they be looking for a new nuero. One big problem I have is getting timely convenient appointments....it's bad they are booked 3 months to almost a year at at the La Cholla location and I little less so at the Ajo Way office. But I seem to click with him very well personality wise and that's important too, so I just make do with the appointment times. I like his nurse Pat at the new La Cholla location. Though phone calls are like any other Dr office, they get returned sometimes and sometimes not, though this has been a problem with any Dr office I've had since the 1980's. He is pretty prompt with appointments most of the time he is not more than 20 min late when he is late.

June 11th, 2013

My experience with Dr. La Wall left a lot to be desired. I would research another professional to see in the area of even go to Phoenix.

May 14th, 2013

Great Dr, hard to get an appointment with but so far worth it.

March 26th, 2013

Don't expect this doctor to return your calls. Ever.

November 16th, 2012

Dr. LaWall has worked with me to help resolve complicated issues related to narcolepsy, sleep apnea, and excessive daytime sleepiness. He's not a cream puff, so don't expect him to sweet talk you or soft pedal. If you need someone to help you figure out what's really going on, he's your guy. Staff's helpful,too. Appointments take roughly 3-6 months to get but worth it.

November 13th, 2012

Horrible Bedside Manner, Does Not Listen to Patient

This doctor does not take you seriously, does not listen to you, and says the most impolite and inappropriate things, apparently without reserve.

October 8th, 2011

No followup / Rude staff / Missed Diagnosis

Would not recommendRecommeneded MRI and never read the resultsHad to find another DrBeware

April 20th, 2010

Very helpful!

I came to Dr. La Wall with frequent migraines and Dr. La Wall worked with me to find the right combination of medications for the problem. My only issue with the office is that his nurse does not return calls promptly.

April 9th, 2010

Horrible Bedside Manner

I was told by Dr. LaWall (while in the room with my father) that my father would either be permanently disabled or die. I asked to speak outside the room. He said it wouldn't matter. Then I asked what else I should know and he said "disabled or dead - that's all you need to know - is that clear enough for you?"