Dr. John Ledbetter MD Patient Reviews

• Urology Beverly, MA

2.3

March 8th, 2017
I had the misfortune of being referred to Dr. Ledbetter and further, to believe his diagnosis, which could have cost me my life. I went to him with severe bleeding when urinating. He performed a cystoscopy, which looks into the bladder with a camera and told me I was fine. He said to go off and have s happy life. As time went by, over two years in fact, the bleeding continued and I realized if it wasn't coming from my bladder, it had to be coming from my kidney. I was referred to Ali Moinzadeh M.D. at Lahey Burlington who discovered a very large mass in my left kidney which turned out to be cancer. After the removal of my kidney, the cancer proceeded to spread to my bladder. Fortunately, Dr. Moinzadeh was able to remove the tumors and I have just completed my first round of BCG, a immunotherapy treatment.

May 14th, 2016
Great care!!!
Seen in hospital as consult for removing kidney stones

April 7th, 2015
Unacceptable Treatment
Dr Ledbetter saw me after I had my first kidney stone. He met with me for less than ten minutes talking as quickly as he could, told me to drink more water (which everyone in the emergency room told me repeatedly), and didn't even ask TO SEE my kidney stone. I had to ask the receptionist afterwards if they could have it analyzed for me. Overall, he is by far the worst specialist I've seen. I would highly recommend others see a different urologist because his level of care was beyond useless and a waste of time.