Dr. John Lee MD Patient Reviews

• Diagnostic Radiology Houston, TX

April 6th, 2017
I only wish I had done this sooner!!
I’ve wanted upper blepharoplasty since I was a teenager, my small Asian eyes looked so small and make up was hardly noticeable on my eyes due to my heavy eyelids. At 52, I finally decided to have the procedure since my eyelids were getting even heavier with age. I consulted a surgeon in my area but they recommended I see a surgeon who specialized in Asian eyes so I found Dr. Lee and thoroughly researched his credentials and patient reviews. I flew to Pennsylvania for the consult after exchanging a few emails and pictures. It’s been 8 weeks since the procedure and I only wish I had done it sooner. Dr. Lee and his staff were very caring and professional. I did not feel any pain afterwards and kept in touch with Dr. Lee throughout my healing process. I cannot express enough how grateful I am to Dr. Lee and how happy I am with my eyelids! My eyes appear bigger and brighter and most important, they look natural.

January 9th, 2017
Very talented surgeon...
I would like to thank Dr. Lee and his staff for the excellent care and service they provided for my upper lid surgery. I have been arguing with constant swelling and puffiness since I was a teenager. Too much salt, high humidity, I slept wrong or just because they felt like swelling...it's been a constant battle. Makeup didn't help. Ice packs slightly helped but who has time to do that every morning? I hated taking pictures. My eyes always looked puffy and swollen even on the best day. With age, that puffiness just made me feel constantly tired. It also stretched the skin and created a crease on my forehead from accommodating the extra weight. You wouldn't think something so small could make such an impact but believe me when I say how detrimental something so minuscule can be to your self perception and even the perception others have about you. Your eyes are an extremely important part of your first impression. The girls in the office was very friendly, professional, and knowledgeable. Dr. Lee makes you feel at ease. His skills are superior. I made sure I did my research before I decided on a surgeon who was going to be modifying anything on my face. He has a strong resume. He specializes in this field. That was important to me. I wanted someone who does one thing really well. For me, the surgery itself was quick and painless. Follow up and recovery went very well. I went back in ten days for suture removal. Still somewhat swollen, I just kept my bangs long so I didn't have to wear sunglasses so often. At the one month mark, I was pretty much back to normal. Very slight swelling but nothing noticeable to the untrained eye. My eyes feel more open, not so heavy. I can wear make up now and it actually looks good because I finally have eyelids. Thank you again to Dr. Lee and his staff for your excellent care.

January 3rd, 2017
Good doctor that provides a natural result
Dr Lee has a very light, natural approach to Botox and fillers. The result is rested, versus fake and weird. His staff members are very nice as well.

December 3rd, 2016
Fantastic Doctor
I will never see another doctor for Botox or Voluma again. My results are natural and better than any I have ever had.

October 12th, 2016
Upper Eyelid Surgery
At 33 years of age, I had never been to an eye doctor to have my eyes checked. When I finally decided to do this, I asked the doctor about my hooded eyelids. She said, “Whatever you do, don’t go to a plastic surgeon for this, go to an ophthalmologist,” and she recommended Dr. Lee. When I went in for my consultation, I was immediately impressed. I felt very comfortable and “at home” in the office. Everyone was welcoming and cheerful. Dr. Lee and his staff were also knowledgeable and informative, answering all of my questions and responding to any of my concerns. Needless to say, I choose Dr. Lee for my upper eyelid surgery. Basically, he was going to remove the extra skin on my eyelids to make my face appear brighter and more youthful. After scheduling my appointment, I was told what prescriptions I needed to fill beforehand, Tylenol with Codeine, (which I ended up not filling because I never liked taking it in the past. He said Extra Strength Tylenol would be fine) and an antibiotic ointment. When I came in for my surgery, they gave me two additional pills to help ease anxiety and help me relax. The surgery was over before I knew it. I felt like I was in a light sleep the entire time and didn’t feel a thing. I also had Kybella done that day as well, right when he finished my eyelid surgery. Once home, I slept and rested for the rest of the day and the next day. I had to apply ice every hour, 20 minutes for each eye. I also applied the appointment morning and night. I went back to work after 5 days, but there was still some swelling at that time. After 9 days, I returned to the office to remove the sutures. This was one of the strangest feelings, but I was happy to have them removed. At that appointment, I was told to switch to a warm compress instead of ice. I had 2 more follow up appointments to make sure everything was healing and progressing as it should. I am currently using SkinMedica to help reduce the redness as well. I couldn’t be happier with the results! I feel less self-conscience about my profile, and I feel confident when I am not wearing eye make-up. Throughout the entire process, I have felt that I could call the office at any time with questions, and was confident I would hear a pleasant voice on the other end. I will continue to work with Dr. Lee and his staff for any future needs!

September 13th, 2016
Highly recommend
Dr Lee came highly recommended and I'm a very satisfied customer. The whole staff is amazing and the office is gorgeous. I will be back my results are awesome.

August 31st, 2016
Lower Bleph - I don't look tired anymore!!
I had a lower blepharoplasty performed by Dr. Lee at the age of 54. I noticed signs of lower eyelid puffiness when I was in my forties and always talked about getting them fixed, but never had the courage. I wear glasses daily and figured I could just hide my bags behind them, however, my bags got so bad that I became very self-conscious. People always commented on how tired I looked. When I finally made the decision to have the surgery, I consulted with 3 top plastic surgeons in the area. I chose Dr. Lee because he specializes in eyes and has performed so many surgeries. I also preferred his approach to skin tightening. During my initial consult, Dr. Lee was very informative and confident with a calm manner. He clearly explained my options and his procedural recommendations. This was my first experience with plastic surgery so I was extremely nervous. Dr. Lee and his staff were very patient with me, answering all my questions and dispelling my fears. No surgery is a pleasant experience, however, the beautiful office and the kind staff made it comforting. The surgery was performed under a local anesthetic. I experienced brief pain on 4 occasions as Dr. Lee was removing the fat below the eyes. The staff described this sensation as pressure, but I would describe it as a brief, tolerable pain. I did experience double vision after surgery, but it went away by the evening. I had no bruising on my face at all. While healing, I was able to contact Dr. Lee directly and he was always prompt with answering my questions. I must say my scars took longer to heal than I anticipated, and I couldn’t cover them with makeup until four weeks after surgery. I am currently 5 months post-surgery and one scar has healed completely. The other scar is still slightly raised but barely noticeable. I am extremely happy with my results and am glad I made the decision to have the surgery performed by Dr. Lee. I would highly recommend Dr. Lee as he is a highly skilled surgeon who truly cares about his patients.

August 26th, 2016
Botox review
Being a mother and a nurse, I always put everyone else’s needs before my own. At a certain point, I resolved to do something just for me, so I decided to try Botox. I was in my mid-30s and I already had a roadmap of wrinkles all over my forehead and around my eyes. I extensively research physicians and their professional backgrounds (residency and fellowship programs) to ensure whomever I picked would have an expert understanding of all the facial muscles. Dr. Lee had the background I was looking for and when I met with him, he answered all my nervous questions with an expert command of knowledge with a patient and gentle demeanor. He listened to my wrinkle concerns without rushing me and he explained how he could soften certain wrinkles without having my eyebrows droop. Furthermore, his staff was very attentive and friendly as soon as I walked through the door and until I left the office. I have been seeing Dr. Lee for Botox injections for about 2 years now and I have never been disappointed with any of the results, and I am certainly a discerning patient. I have recommended him to my friends looking to try Botox and I would certainly recommend him to anyone else looking to try Botox.

August 10th, 2016
I was looking at pictures of myself and my Daughter when I noticed very deep creases between my brows. I am 54 years old and realized the aging process had caught up with me. I went for a consultation with Dr Lee and he recommended injections. The injections were painless and the results were immediate. He explained every aspect of the treatment, what the result would be and how long it would last. To my surprise the initial treatment has lasted longer than I ever anticipated. I had inquired about a peel to remove some deep pores on my chin and around my mouth. Dr Lee was so kind and explained that the peel would not take care of the problem and I would not be happy with the final result. Dr Lee could have easily sold me the procedure but he chose to do the right thing and recommend the proper treatment. I found Dr Lee and his staff to be very professional, conscientious and kind. I would highly recommend Dr John Lee. He is a true professional!

July 25th, 2016
I look 10 years younger! Thank you Dr. Lee!!
I was blown away and excited by the results after Dr. Lee performed my lower eye lid surgery. I appreciate that his experience and knowledge helped me to make the right decision to have the procedure done . He gave me honest advice along with his staff, that the surgery would be a permanent fix to a problem that I never thought could be resolved . I had severe bags under my eyes that made me look ten years older. I now look ten years younger! The procedure was painless and the recovery was quick and easy. Dr. Lee and his staff were available to answer all my questions before and after the procedure and that made me feel relaxed and at ease. I have no doubt that I made the best decision to have Dr. Lee perform my eyelid surgery and I have no regrets. I have never looked better or felt better about myself. I would strongly recommend Dr. Lee to anyone who out there who is considering any type of eye lid surgery . He's the best around and I couldn't be happier with the outcome .

July 22nd, 2016
Love Dr. Lee!
Asian Eyelid & Epicanthoplasty Surgery I already had a crease from an older procedure (DST double sutures and twist) done 10 years ago but as I'm getting older, I've noticed my eyelid covering the crease more and making my lid space less noticeable. I began my extensive research on finding the best plastic surgeon to perform a full incisional eyelid surgery to make my eyes more open and bright and to make my eyelid more pronunced. Also, my eyes are slightly asymmetrical with my left eye being lower. In addition to the full incisional eyelid surgery, I was also interested in an Epicanthoplasty surgery to elongate my eyes and make them look more even. I live very close to NYC so I researched doctors in NYC and also saw Dr. Lee's name in many online reviews. I felt most comfortable with Dr. Lee because of his extensive knowledge and experience in this specific area of surgery. I didn't mind the long 2.5 hours drive to and from his office either. During my consultation, I felt so comfortable with him almost immediately because he listened to what I desired in results and was very honest about what we could achieved realistically. I always admire that quality in a doctor. I felt very much at ease and ready to choose him to perform my surgery. He and his staff were professional, knowledgable, discreet, friendly and made me feel so comfortable. Dr. Lee removed some fat and skin from my eyelids and repositioned my crease a little higher than my original. The epicanthoplasty was performed simultaneously. It went as smooth as it could possibly go and I went home to rest the same day. My recovery process was as expected. Dr. Lee and his staff prepared me well in advance for what to expect as far as swelling and bruising and I was mentally prepared for the worst. The first 3-4 days were the toughest as that's when I experienced the most swelling. I didn't bruise at all but that's most likely because Dr. Lee took extra special care when operating on me to prevent bruising. I followed all of his instructions to a T and his staff were always quick to respond if I had a concern or question. They also checked up on me numerous times during my recovery process and I really appreciated that. A significant amount of swelling went down by the time I had my 10 days post op visit. It's so important to follow his instructions post op and I'm so glad I did. It's 6 months now and I definitely feel like this was a great investment and a huge improvement to my overall self esteem. I highly recommend Dr. Lee to anyone looking to have any work dome on their eyes. He is an artist and a true perfectionist!

July 20th, 2016
Canthoplasty and Botox
I was 22 years old when I decided to go through with the canthoplasty procedure. At the time I was looking for a doctor local with good ratings so I came across Dr. Lee’s name very quickly in my google search with him being at the very top. Dr. Lee really helped me decide what the safest and most effective combination of procedures would be for the look I was trying to achieve. The procedure itself went very smoothly. The thing I love most about Dr. Lee is how caring he is with his patients. Between the procedure and botox every few months, Dr. Lee has exceeded my expectations and more. From when initially made an appointment up until now and every chance I return to the office, I am welcomed with open arms. The office is such a friendly environment and everyone really makes you feel at home. I highly recommend Dr. Lee to anyone hesitant on going through with any eye procedure. You’re in very good hands!