Internists, Hematology Specialist, Oncology Specialist (cancer)
Video profile
Bustleton
Albert Einstein Medical Center
9880 Bustleton Ave
Ste 332
Philadelphia, PA 19115
215-827-1570
Locations and availability (4)

|  show details
Aug 28th, 2012

This is the second time that I've seen Dr. Leighton. Once in 1996, he saved my life and put me in remission. I'm now back, however, for another problem, and he is the same caring, attentive, expert doctor that I first met back then. I would highly recommend him!

|  Blood work not followed  |  show details
Aug 2nd, 2011

Having cancer is trying enough - yet a simple blood cancer marker test is not ordered or not in the file to be ordered as is necessary for following chemotherapy care. I am very pleased with the doctor and the awesome staff - I should not worry about this, yet is often overlooked. I have advanced cancer and the cancer blood test is paramount to my future care. When I addressed this to the doctor, he said "It was human error", yet has happened on several occasions prior.

|  Dr. Leighton Gave me my life back  |  show details
by Ida on Jul 21st, 2010

I was diagnoised with a condition that freaked out my Bariatric surgeon. Dr. Leighton stood firm in his opinion I could have gastric bypass surgery safely. On Sept. 14, 2009 I had surgery, after I was told by one surgeon that I would die on the table. Today is July 21, 2010 as you can see I'm writing this and very much alive and had my surgery with a different surgeon. I am currenly within range of being a normal weight any day now. I have 6 pounds to loose to meet my surgeons goal for me. Thank you to Dr. Leighton for giving me an active life back and standing firmly in his professional opinion that I could survive surgery safely.

|  A former patients wife  |  show details
Dec 25th, 2009

I am in the medical profession myself.I know many doctors. Dr. Leighton is a wonderful caring man. He told us the truth. He told us our options. He was always there for support and encouragement. I can't tell you what it meant to have Dr. Leighton take care of both us. He showed me as much care, compassion and concern as he did my husband.His office staff showed the same.His nurses were upbeat and always available to talk.I could go on and on. As the saying goes he is simply the best.I will never forget for all he did for us. Thank you, Dr. Leighton