Dr. JOHN LEPPARD, MD
Board-Certified Orthopedic Surgeon

2.5

Some ratings provided by DrScore.
Mar 4th, 2015

I have gone to Dr Leppard for various aliments, bulging discs,arm pain, planter fasciatus and he gives the best cortisone shots . I have gone to other doctors and he is precise and hits the mark every time. He discusses the condition in depth , gives suggestions, alternatives and it is really up to the client to follow through with physical therapy or exercise. You cant blame a doctor if you don't follow his direction.

by Dylan on Mar 4th, 2015

My mother recommended Dr Leppard for my torn knee meniscus for surgery. I was hurt on the job. He performed orthroscopic surgery on my knee and it is fine. The follow ups were also informing , He explains everything to you. He is a cool guy. Listens and responds to all questions.

by Mrs. K, Abbatiello on Sep 17th, 2014

I would recommend Dr. Leppard for his skilled work and excellent care. I felt very comfortable and trusted him with the skin graft that had to be done on my hand. Now that everything is healed I can't even see the many stiches that I had,

by JM on Jan 25th, 2013

Dr Leppard will take the time to explain condition and options

Received More Courteous Treatment and Warmth From the Car Dealer show details Received More Courteous Treatment and Warmth From the Car Dealer
Aug 12th, 2012

I waited over 2 hours to see the doctor in a very crowded waiting room with badly stained couches. The doctor ordered a series of tests and wrote out a number of prescriptions with minimal explanation of what, where or why. When asked to explain the doctor said, "The girls in the front will help you out". A follow-up phone call for clarification resulted in the information that the doctor doesnt accept phone calls from patients and the question, Would you like to make an appointment? Following poor to non-existent communication, a gruff and nasty manner and very poor treatment I will be looking for a new physician.

One of my most-trusted physicians show details One of my most-trusted physicians
Mar 17th, 2012

Different people have different impressions of process. Dr. Leppard's specialization of the hand can make that complex structure difficult to explain in detail to a patient. Understanding comes from both sides. My experienced - 4 hand surgeries, to date - have all had near-100% outcomes. From the Dr's. point of view you mave only two options, and that may be clearer to him than to you. Personally, I think he's brilliant.

ITS A SHAME... show details ITS A SHAME...
Jan 17th, 2012

IT IS A SHAME THAT THE DOCTORS ARE WONDERFUL AND YOU HAVE TO GO THROUGH VERY UNPLEASANT CONVERSATIONS WIHT THE FRONT DESK. AS A HEALTHCARE PROFFESIONAL MYSELF, I KNOW WHAT GOES ON BEHIND CLOSED DOORS. ITS SUPPOSED TO BE ABOUT PATIENT CARE, ISNT IT? DR. LEPPARD IS EXCELLANT, HAD HE BEEN NOTHING BUT I WOULD HAVE WENT TO A DIFFERENT PRACTICE. I UNDERSTSAND THE GIRLS ARE BUSY, AS WE ALL ARE, BUT THERE SHOULD AT LEAST BE A LITTLE COMPASSION, NO? EYE CONTACT GOES ALONG WAY. ESPECIALLY WHEN ASKING FOR A COPAYMENT. I MEAN, CAN YOU LOOK UP FOR A SPLIT SECOND TO AT LEAST MAKE EYE CONTACT WITH THE PATIENT? IS THAT REALLY ASKING TOO MUCH?? OTHERWISE, JOHN DOWNEY AND DR. LEPPARD AND DR. CORSO ARE FANTASTIC TO WORK WITH WHEN YOU ARE HAVING A PROBLEM.......

Assembly line treatment of patients show details Assembly line treatment of patients
Dec 9th, 2010

The office itself runs a kind of assembly line operation. Patients are fed into one of the treatment rooms, doctors cycle through treatment rooms giving patients brief attention. I saw the doctor three times, each time 1-5 minutes in duration. Came in, asked me about my condition (which I'd already described in a long q'aire he apparently hadn't looked at, then filled out another one with a med tech entering data into a computer system), ordered and x-ray, left. Came back again, couldn't pull up the x-ray records on the computer, called a med tech, left. Came back again, this time spent maybe five minutes diagnosing and prescribing. Real factory operation-- patient in, patient out, bill; patient in, patient out, bill.

Apr 25th, 2010

Doctor was rude and condescending. Spent more time lecturing than diagnosing. Didn't give a thorough examination

May 15th, 2009

Dr. Leppard has not bedside manner. You are kept to at least 1 hour in the waiting room and then additional time in the examination room! All this time waiting for the doctor to show up and then he spends 5 minutes with you!! Awful practice!!!