Dr. John Lettice MD Patient Reviews

4.9

• Good
  • Bad

June 6th, 2017
John is great both as physician and person.
Dr. Lettice performed neck fusion on my wife in 1995 and his work has been complemented on by other doctors who have treated her over the years. I had seen him in the early stages of a workers comp back injury in 1998 and after moving to Santa Cruz was appointed another case doctor. Over the years my condition worsened and I felt surgery was the next step. I returned to Dr. Lettice because I liked him as a person and felt confident in the treatment and care he would give me. He performed a Laminectomy on my lower back because of the stenosis that was affecting my nerves to my left leg on May 26, 2017... I have been home over a week and am getting around easily and with the pain in my left leg now gone. He is a competent doctor with a great bed side manner and personality who I would recommend should you be needing this form of treatment.

April 18th, 2017
Clumsy Surgeon

November 9th, 2015
John Lettice, MD gave me my life back!
I have known Dr. Lettice for many years through patients who were treating with him. When my chronic low back pain became a surgical issue, I did not want any other surgeon performing my surgery except Dr. Lettice! His diagnosis was right on target. I was treated like a king following the surgery, and could not have asked for more. Before surgery my average daily pain level was 8 - 9, now it is 0 - 4, and surgery was only 6 months ago! Yes, sometimes I have NO pain, which I have not experienced x 15 years! His surgical skills have given me my life back, and that is worth more than anything to me. I am extremely pleased with the outcome of my surgery, and my only regret is not having it sooner!

March 3rd, 2015
Known him for over 20 years. He has dealt with multiple problems and handled each with kindness and special attention. Diane is fabulous and very professional and kind. Through my multiple problems the staff has always been there for me.

December 31st, 2014
Outstanding, need more like Dr. Lettice
Simply outstanding.

June 10th, 2014
Skilled and Compassionate Surgeon
Dr. Lettice is a skilled and compassionate surgeon, and i would highly recommend him to anyone experiencing back pain who has not been able to get an accurate diagnosis from other doctors. Dr. Lettice performed a multilevel lumbar spinal fusion surgery on me just 3 months ago after i spent 2 years going from doctor to doctor trying to find an accurate diagnosis. I am now pain-free, back to working out daily, back at work and looking forward to skiing again next season, which i never thought i would be able to do. Dr. Lettice really gave me back my life. What's more, he is a kind and compassionate caregiver.

May 28th, 2012
Simply the best.
I met with Dr.Lettice in a world of pain,after years of carrying around my lower half as if it were not a part of me.L5 -S1 disc pretty much gone.I had reconstructive surgery approximately ten weeks ago.I feel I have a new lease on life.99% of the pain is gone,and I am freeto resume a normal life.I don,t even need aspirin.What can I say about this man and his team.SIMPLY THE BEST!

May 24th, 2012
Dr. Lettice gave me my life back. After a year of pain and trying "conservative" treatments to relieve it, I finally had reconstructive surgery. I was able to ski & backpack again! And here I am now, 15 years later still doing it! I have the greatest respect & trust in Dr. Lettice.

December 20th, 2011
The Best Spine Surgeon
Dr. Lettice is a brilliant and caring Doctor. I suffered with migraine headaches for 20 years. I used to have a migraine or headache everyday. Since my neck surgery, I might get one or two a week but they are mild and go away without heavy-duty pain meds.

July 8th, 2011
Forever grateful to Dr Lettice!!
After many years of suffering severe back pain due to a spine injury I decided to have surgery. I visited other local surgeons. Dr Lettice took the time to explain to me & my family in great detail what was for me to expect before, during & after surgery. The best choice without a doubt was to have Dr Lettice be my surgeon! me & my family forever grateful!!

April 21st, 2011
Dr Lettice: Professional, experienced & caring surgeon
After dealing with a back injury for years I could not put it off any longer. After several 2nds & 3rds opinions Dr Lettice was the only one who explained to me & my family the process in great detail, this gave me the confidence to go thru it. Glad I did!!! now I am back the person I was before my surgery. Even my golf game has gotten better!!!

January 30th, 2011
Excellent, professional, compassionate Doctor.
After getting several medical opinions, another Spine surgeon referred me to Dr Lettice. My opinion of Dr Lettice: He is excellent, professional, skilled and technically the best! As a person Dr Lettice is caring & compassionate. He took the time to explain every detail of my surgery/recovery/rehab process to me & my family.Forever Grateful