Dr. John Lichtenstein MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

3.1

August 31st, 2016
Dr Jon has proven to me over the past 30 years to be very concerned about his patients and has gone above and beyond what most other doctors would do. Dr John may appear a little rough around the edges but will work decently to diagnose and treat. His staff is courteous and friendly. If I resided near him , he would continue to be my dr. He treats patients other dr's would turn awau

May 14th, 2016
Nutty but good doctor

April 4th, 2016
Dr . Lichtenstein is a very disturbed person. He violates the privacy of patients routinely, shouting personal info into an intercom that reaches every practice room. He spends little time w a patient then makes pronouncements based on lack of info and medical knowledge. He puts sensitive info such as test results in the trash in a room where another patient can see it rather than filing or shredding the sensitive info. The atmosphere in the office is one of hysteria due to Drs propensity for drama, manipulation and control issues.

May 26th, 2015
I think he didn't help when needed for too long.

February 15th, 2015
Dr. John Lichtenstein is The Worst Doctor (and I use that word loosely) I have ever encountered. I don't know how he even has a practice to begin with. He treats his patients and his staff with the regard of a gutter rat.

November 16th, 2014
What an excellent doctor! Funny caring! Really helps you and cares ! I would recommend this doctor to everyone! Very smart

December 26th, 2011
Best Clinician Out There
OK, John tells it like it is. Some patients don't like that. He's hilarious and fun to be around as well. He's been my doc for 5 years and yes, first time I met him I thought he was crazy but after personally receiving his excellent care, personal interest in his patients (he'll call you HIMSELF if you miss an appointment AND he'll call to see how you are--HE CALLS, NOT HIS STAFF, which is AMAZING to me.LOVE this guy. I would not go to anyone else. I now live 60 miles from his office and it's worth the drive.Excellent diagnostician, kind and caring. YES outspoken. YES he's loud. YEs he'll cut you off cause most of us have 1000 excuses for our obesity, smoking, lifestyle habits, lack of exercise and unwillingness to make changes that will make us healthier. He calls a spade a spade. If you don't like that, go to someone lesser.

September 29th, 2011
I would not recommend this doctor to anyone for the suboxone program or if you will need to be prescribed anything considered addictive (Valium, xanax, any type of pain pill). He doesn't care what is wrong, he will tell you to deal with it, that nobody ever died from it. He will not prescribe NOTHING that could be addictive no matter how much you need it. I've seen him turn away patients that really need some of those meds, to me thats just not a caring doctor. His Suboxone program is done completely wrong. He begins to taper you off of it the first time you see him, He doesnt believe anyone should be on it for longer then 1-2 months and he has a one size fits all method. From everyone I have spoke to, almost everyone relapses because of his method. I wouldnt know all of this if I didnt do his suboxone program and relapse twice, now I have a great doctor who knows what she doing.