A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. John Lister:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
- Currently 4 of 4 stars
The overall average patient rating of Dr. John Lister is Excellent.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Specialties & Research
Dr. John Lister, MD is board certified in Internal Medicine, Hematology, and Medical Oncology.
- He has special expertise in 7 areas:
- Bone Marrow Transplantation
- Chronic B-Cell Lymphocytic Leukemia
- Multiple Myeloma (Cancer of Plasma Cells)
- Myelodysplastic Syndromes
Education & Awards
Dr. Lister graduated from Queen's University Faculty Of Health Sciences, Kingston.
Dr. Lister has 5 hospital affiliations:
- Allegheny General Hospital
- Alle-Kiski Medical Center
Accepted Insurance Plans
Dr. Lister accepts these health insurances in at least one office:
- Aetna - 3 plans
- United Healthcare - 2 plans
- Highmark Blue Cross Blue Shield - 15 plans
- Unicare - 2 plans
- Geisinger Health Plan - 5 plans
- Humana - 3 plans
- UPMC Health Plan - 2 plans
- Cigna - 3 plans
- Gateway Health Plan - 1 plan