A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. John Lister:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
The overall average patient rating of Dr. John Lister is Excellent.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Prepare before visiting Dr. Lister
Skin Cancer Patient Education Read about Melanoma, basal cell and squamous cell carcinoma types in our skin cancer patient education guide.Before Visiting Dr. Lister Learn More
Specialties & Research
Dr. John Lister, MD is board certified in Internal Medicine, Hematology, and Medical Oncology.
- He has special expertise in 14 areas:
- Acute Myeloid Leukemia
- Bone Marrow Transplantation
- Chronic B-Cell Lymphocytic Leukemia
- Chronic Myeloid Leukemia
- Chronic Myelomonocytic Leukemia
- Deep Vein Thrombosis
- Hepatitis C
- Hodgkin Disease
- Multiple Myeloma (Cancer of Plasma Cells)
- Myelodysplastic Syndromes
Education & Awards
Dr. Lister graduated from Queen's University Faculty Of Health Sciences, Kingston.
Dr. Lister has 5 hospital affiliations:
- Allegheny General Hospital
- Alle-Kiski Medical Center
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Dr. John Lister MD is a male Internist, has 33 years of experience and practices in Internal Medicine, Hematology, and Medical Oncology.
- Where does Dr. John Lister practice?
- Dr. John Lister has 1 office location.
Dr. John Lister practices Internal Medicine, Hematology, and Medical Oncology near Pittsburgh, PA.
See Pittsburgh Internists, Pittsburgh Hematologists, and Pittsburgh Oncologists.