Dr. John Lovejoy MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

September 30th, 2016
Wonderful.. Into post op early, surgery went great, very personable as well as knowledgeable. Honestly couldn't have asked for a better experience during a crisis.

October 15th, 2015
highly recommend
Dr. Lovejoy and his staff were amazing. He spent a good amount of time explaining and making us feel comfortable with what my son was being seen for. I had to give a lower score for promptness because we waited a while past our appointment time HOWEVER they did keep the patients parents informed about running late (They even brought snacks out!) and I completely understand that emergencies come up. I would hope that if my child were the one having the emergency the other parents and patients would understand that the Doctor was more needed there. They stayed well beyond regular clinic hours to make sure my child could still be seen and I never felt rushed.

February 23rd, 2015
Great Doctor

June 7th, 2014
Didn't see him by choice
Terrible bedside manner! He told me that my daughter's injury wasn't that bad, her pain wasn't real and that I should take her to see the psychiatrist. Before seeing him, we had already seen three other surgeons who had never mentioned any such thing!

April 30th, 2014
the only one who knew my injury
dr. lovejoy knew exactly what was wrong when nobody else did. he is a very nice doctor. he has preformed surgery on my child and my child now is all fixed up. i had no concerns of his bedside manor what so ever.

March 14th, 2014
I have seen Dr. Lovejoy several times, he has been great treating my daughter. He seems to enjoy working with children and is good at answering my questions.

May 7th, 2013
Bad attitude and rude
I took my son to see him and he was very rude, with terrible bedside manners and not good with kids. He completely ignored the fact that my son is special needs and I wasn't happy with him at all. need to find another doctor.

June 7th, 2012
Rude, bad bedside manner. Not good with kids.

October 27th, 2010
Pretty Good
I had Dr. Lovejoy as a fellow at TSRH when he was under my Dr., Dr. Johnston and though he was pretty good, he did act like a know it all however; Dr. J put in him in place and so did I and after that, he was a fantastic Dr.!

March 22nd, 2010
Dr. Resident Evil
I happened to have the misfortune of seeing Dr. Lovejoy when he was doing part of his residency at Grady Memorial Hospital in Atlanta, Ga. Although, he actually left Grady and went to Atlanta Medical Center to finish his residency. He had a very nasty bedside manner and talked to me like I was absolutely nothing. I believe that it was more racial than than anything. It was a a community hospital were they let residents run around the hospital without supervision. Making incorrect diagnosis's on patients. I was there for my foot. He told me that I may have to have reconstructive surgery on my foot. Instead he prescribed a cast to go on a diabetic. This isn't good because a cast can cut off circulation if you're a diabetic. Needless to say. I was put in situation the I now have to live with for the rest of my life. Due to the negligence of Dr. Lovejoy. I can't believe that he is now working with kids. All, I have to say is find your another doctor. This one sucks and will be held accountable for the things he did to patients during his short time at Grady Memorial Hospital in Atlanta, Ga.