Dr. John Lozito MD Patient Reviews

3.2

• Good
  • Bad

May 28th, 2012
Worst Doctor I Have Ever Seen!
I see from reading the other posts that nothing has changed with Dr. Lozito. I first saw him in 1995 with complete numbness in my face. After an MRI of my brain, I was told there was one lesion on it. That it might have been there forever or it might be the beginning of multiple sclerosis. I would have to wait until something else happened. The following year, the numbness returned on my left side from the neck down. I no longer had health insurance so I paid CASH for an MRI. While awaiting the results, I too had to fill out the personality test. At my followup visit, he told me there was nothing on the MRI and that he thought I was making it up for attention. I left dumbfounded. Then he had the nerve to bill me for the appointment. Numerous phone calls and letters to the office were dismissed. I never paid that bill.I was so disillusioned that I did not seek medical care for my symptoms for another 6 years. My GP diagnosed my MS with an MRI of my neck. I could have been on medication to slow the progress of my illness if Dr. Lozito had only done his job and not been so arrogant - trying to be a psychiatrist instead of a neurologist. Stay FAR, FAR away from this Doctor!!

August 3rd, 2011
Recommend Going Elsewhere
I actually had a couple of conditions that could be seen with testing. I too was given the personality test, which apparently revealed that I had a tendency to worry about my health problems. Go figure, having pain and all leads to worrying. I felt belittled and talked down to. I was referred back to my family doctor to treat my neuro problem and I was told that my problem "isn't that bad." The problem had already greatly impacted my quality of life. It was a bad experience and it is sad that someone with so many years of experience would choose to treat patients in this way. The staff are very nice and expressed real concern.

July 19th, 2011
Go to someone else!
I had the IDENTICAL experience as "Don't waste your time"! He had me take a personality test and said my problem was stress, which is ridiculous. I haven't taken a sick day in 5 years until now and am less stressed than I have been in a long time.

June 12th, 2010
Dr. LoZito is a very good doctor. I've gone to him for treatment of Multiple Sclerosis since 1983 and have no complaint.

May 14th, 2010
Don't waste your time.
He had me take this long test and said I needed to see a psychiatrist. He said my symptoms were all in my head. I did not follow his advice and because my problem was so serious I went to a major hospital and they found that I had a very real problem and it wasn't in my head.

September 10th, 2015