Anesthesiologists, Pain Management Specialist

Interventional Pain Clinic
2312 NE 129th St
Vancouver, WA 98686
360-696-5022
Locations and availability (1)

|  Good At First, But Not Good Later  |  show details
by Steve Jarvis on Nov 5th, 2013

I incurred a punctured lung on December 22, 2005 at the SouthWest Washington Medical Center Pain Clinic (SWWMC), 3400 Main Street, Vancouver, WA. where Dr. John Luckwitz was my physician for pain injections to my back. I drove home and lay down with intermittent distress, off and on, that got worse hours later. By about 8:30 P.M., I drove myself to the ER room at the SWWMC (Mother Joseph) Hospital Complex on Mill Plain Blvd. I told the desk clerk that I had pain in my chest. It was suggested that since I drove myself there, that I see my family physician the next day. I was much too weak to leave the ER waiting room. It was a supreme challenge to drive there, leaning over sideways to ease the pain, playing the long red-lights close en route. I sat down to wait. It was probably noted if I was stamping my foot or feet (in pain), as if inappropriately impatient or demanding. I heard whispers of "Munchausen's Syndrome" (refers to someone who feigns injury to get attention). I waited more. The clerk asked what could have caused this--a fall or a injury? I said the only thing that happened earlier of any significance was that I received pain injections that day at the Pain Clinic at the Main Street address. It was initially determined at the front desk that pain injections would be to relieve pain, not to cause it. I was asked the name of the Physician. I waited more. In severe distress, I was admitted to intensive care at about 11:00 P.M. with a diagnosis made of a left punctured lung and received treatment for that condition later that night, and into the next morning. On a later day, Dr. Luckwitz indicated that this lung collapse was as a result of a "spontaneous collapse," [as if I was susceptible to such]. I did not know of any issue that made me more susceptible to a lung condition as this. He also indicated, with a nurse in attendance as his witness, that if I went after him on "this" [with a lawsuit] that he would "drag everything out." This was a step-down departure from the amicable Dr. that I'd known in previous visits. I am guessing that what he was going to "drag out," was personal kinds of innuendo that was generated for me on the other side of this State after working at Hanford, while I was being electrically shocked to test security systems in that geographic locale, and which innuendo could have conveniently followed me in any move across the State, from that area. I was also shocked on active duty, and before, to similarly test security systems when in transit between duty stations and just off of military bases that I served on. Unfortunately, professionals or police contractors in other geographical areas who subject citizens or their employees to that type of anonymously applied electrical shock (from behind common walls, interior decor, or from suitably equipped passerby cars), tend to compromise their subjects so that successful lawsuits cannot or will not be brought on those separate issues. Subjects are then "sanitized," and their memories erased of specific matter that could be embarrassing to these "consultant-contractors" who implement these types of manipulation for their free training, and/or for purposes of intimidation. Profiles of "deceitfulness," "pilfering," "shoplifting," or "perversion" can be spread about former test subjects, which are generated hypnotically or post-hypnotically, so that incidents as this punctured lung remain low as a profile, while "spotlights" can be generated for a former test subject as myself, that intends to become personally taxing and burdensome, so as to be prohibitive. When invisible tactics of harassment are a part of this spotlight that is made for one, along with "stalking" and "crowding," this punctured lung becomes an insult to what is already, an injury. When federal men decided to "neutralize" me years ago, pre and post-Watergate, for anything I might have been witness to earlier as a child in New York, it has been three burnt out car engines in this State of Washington, a roll over car accident in a freak snowstorm in the Tri-Cities, WA., 1990, with a tailgater following that helped to cause that accident, and from which I waked away. I was being given hints not to go to the newspapers about this prior misuse and abuse before I arrived at this Pain Clinic for pain treatment. There was electrical and sanitizing shock, and more recently, this punctured lung, which is distressing to have to live through. It ages and disrupts sleep, along with other harassing techniques that are applied invisibly from discrete distances, and through walls, that are intended to do just that. I am not a Physician or health care worker or Social Worker. I am a former Nuclear Submariner, holding degrees in Physics, Manufacturing Engineering, and in Mechanical Engineering. My name is Steve Jarvis.

|  Great Dr. that listens and cares  |  show details
by Michelle CLINE on Jul 14th, 2013

I've never had a pain dr. so in tune with what my pain is like on a daily basis and sincerely cared to hear me or listen. Usually only previous dr.'s whom cared about what type of insurance I have or had. To make a quick buck, never fixing the problem. Just keep you coming back. I don't get this feeling from Dr. Luckwtz. Really he's a dr. who cares to help ease your daily pain and discomfort...so you can go on living..Thanks for all the great feed back, this is how I knew I hD FOUND THE GREATEST DR. after breaking my back wwhen I was 21 yrs old. Now, only a week away from hopefully comfort that i've been longing for, for so long now. Sincerely, Michelle Cline

|  Awesome Dr.  |  show details
by Jennifer K on Apr 11th, 2011

Dr. Luckwitz is very personable, kind and great at what he does.

|  Good Doc  |  show details
by Ken B. on Jul 22nd, 2010

I have been in moderate to severe pain for over 20 years. After a few visits for a procedure and to fine-tune my meds, my pain level is slight and my quality of living is dramatically improved. Dr Luckowitz is very caring and the followup is excellent.