Dr. John Brennan MD, PA Patient Reviews

• Good
  • Bad

February 24th, 2017
Believe the bad reviews
I cannot emphasize enough how accurate the bad reviews of Dr Brennan are. That so many patients find him not only rude and insensitive but often hostile to his patients tells you all that you need to know. A patient in his waiting room one day when I was there became despondent at the thought of having to talk to him again. I know exactly how he feels. He seems to regard your mental health issues as a character defect that is entirely your fault and makes little effort to hide it. Another reviewer correctly stated "He does not care about you." Nothing could be more true.

August 23rd, 2016
He was intimidating and not friendly. His advise was to take mind altering drugs - virtually no discussion on what problems you might be dealing with.

February 26th, 2016
Very easy to work with. He is very thorough.

January 25th, 2016
Excellent care.

February 13th, 2015
Loved everything about him and his care.

February 10th, 2015
Do Not See Dr. J. Michael Brennan
Dr. Brennan & Liz (Asst.) do not care about patients and do not return phone calls. She forgets to put down appts. Then she lies about it. So pathetic ~ 4 times in 6 months. Serious? He tells people he does walk-ins, then says he does not when showing up. So much contradiction. No apologies for the confusion and mix-ups. Quite arrogant and pompous attitude. Both of them. As for the staff: Not professional ~ eats lunch at 11:00am in front of patients and then takes a break from 12:00-1:00pm. Wow. The patients are treated like cattle sent to the slaughter house. Write scripts and then charges an astronomical fee to the insurance.

December 17th, 2014
Dr. Brennan is in the business of writing as many scripts as possible in the shortest amount of time, and patient care takes a back seat. Every 15 minute 'med check' visit I've had has been superficial at best, and 10 minutes of hurried small talk more typically. Even during his half hour 'consultation' visits, he always starts late and ends less than half an hour after beginning. If you know what you need prescribed and can diagnose yourself, Dr. Brennan is probably fine. If you're looking for a doc that can diagnose your condition and remember you from visit to visit, I suggest looking elsewhere.

August 8th, 2012
very professional and knowledgeable. was highly recommended and lived up to the recommendation.

June 27th, 2012
Good doc
He knows what he is doing.

June 20th, 2012
Dope Pusher
This sociopath got me addicted to benzodiazapines without telling me of the danger. As a result I had to be hospitalized and spend months in outpatient rehab. He gets rich dispensing dangerous prescription drugs to the Dallas elite. He will destroy your life as he did mine. He is nothing more than a dope pusher with a license.

March 20th, 2012
He spends more time taking calls and writing emails or text messages in the 5 min he is willing to spend with me. Can not find my chart. Asks me what meds I am taking. Tells me to take as prescribed but play with it and see what you need. Told me I was a mess. Has asked me during every visit if I go to church. Scolded me over the phone for taking the medication as prescribed because it looks bad on him if I take that many. Treated me very poorly over the phone during the last conversation. I would never recommend Dr. Brennan to anyone looking for a good psychiatrist in Dallas.

March 4th, 2012
Find another pyschiatrist
He knew he did not want to take me as a patient but kept the appointment with me in order to get his fee. He told me I was hopeless since I had tried everything for my depression. He told me he charged $400 an hour to review medical records, but would not charge me, however, it would take hours to go through the 40 pages I brought him. He told me he would not call me, I could not call him in emergency. I was devastated by the treatment from him...a so called professional treating patients suffering from mental illnesses. He hands out medications to the rich of Dallas. He liked showing his BMW keys. He is a scumbag.