Dr. John Gilbert Jr Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. John Gilbert Jr?

Type 2 Diabetes

Type 2 Diabetes

Have you seen Dr. John Gilbert Jr?

• Good
  • Bad
  • Good
  • Bad

September 10th, 2017

Very rude,didn't want to explain a second time.Said he had other patients to see.Kept telling me,this is the third time I've gone over this.He even said it over again after we were out of the room and at the nurses station.I totally couldn't believe this guy.Time for him to retire.

April 2nd, 2017

Wow etc. Well, hope spring fun had his

June 12th, 2016

After failing 3 treadmill tests. Gone thru 2 GPs and 4 cardiologists several who told me I would be on a cocktail of as much as 10 pills a day to control my BP that averaged 190/120. Having been referred to Dr Gilbert. He diagnosed me with a tumor. Later after a test found a tumor. We went thru meds and ended up removing the tumor. Essentially Dr Gilbert saved my life. He Listens and cares.

January 26th, 2016

phd

Gilbert is condescending, arrogant & very disinterested --rushes through everything & actually scolded me for using 6 extra minutes of his time.

February 25th, 2015

Review of dr. John Gilbert

I have been seeing doctor Gilbert for 20 years. I chose him to be my doctor after shopping for a while for a doctor after I learned I had diabetes, and it was twenty years ago. Since I teach mathematics at a university the most important feature for me it was if he was the doctor who likes to think, a doctor who likes a challenge, a doctor who thinks analytically and scientifically. I saw several doctors before him. He caught my attention since he was eager to answer my questions, he liked my questions, and he saw a complexity of my questions. His answers were very deep and he saw many aspects of a problem. This was the doctor I was looking for. I have been under his care for twenty years. He was passionate about his profession and he still is. He was friendly and still is. The fact that sometimes I wait longer in the waiting room then I would like to, so what? Is it the most important thing? I found it amusing, sad and shocking when people write in their evaluations that they have to wait longer then they would like to. That is not the most important when you evaluate your doctor. What is the most important it is I trust him, I believe in him, and he makes my life much easier. I feel protected. He remembers all the facts regarding my diabetes and my thyroid nodules, and is very organized when it comes to routine tests I have every year. When I call him, he calls back. He records his massage on my answering machine, but calls the next day to check if I got the massage. Is it easy to find a doctor like him? I am not so sure about that. Doctor Gilbert is always on top of his field. I can tell he reads a lot. Moreover, he shares with a patient what is the new research just showed regarding diabetes. To evaluate a doctor is not easy if the evaluator cannot see a broader picture of his or her doctor. We cannot concentrate on details, but we need to know what makes a doctor a good doctor. Many people have many different opinions of what a good doctor is. My doctor, dr. Gilbert treats me seriously, devotes time to me, is knowledgeable, likes a complex case, is not afraid of that, is open to discussion, and in my opinion is doing what he wants to do in his life. He wants to help people. I am very, very happy I chose him as my doctor a long time ago. I often talk to my students about him. I give him as an example of a doctor who liked science as a young man and I was able to notice it twenty years ago since the way he thought was an example of not just thinking but scientific thinking that needs to follow certain patterns. They have never seen him, but they know him. Some of them will be doctors in the future. I would recommend dr. Gilbert to everybody for whom what is important in a good doctor matters, not unimportant details, that may even be true, but they do not count at all when it comes if a person is under care of a good doctor. I am a lucky woman I can be under his care.

July 9th, 2014

Dr Gilbert is a Genius

Dr Gilbert , I am sure has added years to my life. He has all of my important blood and urine numbers on the low side of all ranges. He has a bed side manor like I have never seen in today's Doctor.He is more like a friend and advisor than any Doctor I have delt with in the past. I would Highly refer him to family and friends as well as the general public.

July 19th, 2012

DON'T TRUST

I'AM AFRAID TO GO TO THIS DOCTOR IT MAY BE MAY LAST ONE I DON'T THINK HE CARES HIS MADE HIS MONEY SOME TIMES HE JUST DON'T SEEM LIKE HIS SELF. I FEEL HIS MIND IS SOME WHERE ELSE.AND HE LOOKS AT YOU BUT DON'T HEAR YOU. GOD HELP HIS PATIENCES.

February 19th, 2012

Mean.

This guy does not take any time to listen to you. He is mean, uncaring, and doesn't believe you when you aren't feeling well. He was incredibly rude to us. I won't be seeing him again.

February 18th, 2012

Mean!

January 11th, 2012

Nice guy but...

I went to Dr Gilbert when my PA found a lump on my thyroid. After a needle biopsy came back normal Dr Gilbert says "If it continues to grow and gets ugly, we'll take it out." I said, " I want it out now" and Dr Gilbert agreed with this and got it through so my insurance paid. For this I will be forever grateful because it turned out to be papillary thyroid cancer! I was only 39 so my prognosis was and is excellent but bottom line people is do your research! I found out needle biopsy is only reliable if done with and ultra sound (ultra sound guided) which Dr Gilbert did not do! From there on out, although he is very personable, i felt rushed through my appointments. I tried to make my appointments the first one in the morning or first after lunch and he still made me wait one sometimes 2 hours! How does that happen if he's only spending 5 mins per pt? Once I went in there with a list of questions on a note pad and he left to take a phone call and didn't come back! The nurse wouldn't even go get him, she wanted me to leave her the questions and she would ask them and call me back! That was my last appointment, my regular MD/PA agreed to keep up my routine follow up appointments and write my Rx.

December 1st, 2011

Wait times do seem to be long not only in the waiting room but waiting for Dr. Gilbert in the exam room.

September 19th, 2011

He's got Personality, BUT...

I've been seeing Gilbert every 3-6 months for more than 6 years and thru 2 office moves. The newest move seems to have improved the overall waiting time - which was ALWAYS at least an hour in the waiting room and about 45 minutes in the exam room, for your 5 minutes of time with him. He has left my visits MANY times for a sudden phone call. Actually, the phone calls and drug reps seem to take precedence over the patients who are there in person. The office staff leaves a lot to be desired. None of them seem to enjoy what they are doing and it shows. They are all very somber, some of them are down right un-friendly. They are probably stressed to the max by trying to get the backed up line of patients through. Again, that seems to have improved some with the newest office move (mid to late 2010). But none of them could be accused of having a bubbly personality. As a person, he is enjoyable and friendly, easy to engage in conversation, a bit too casual at times. BUT as a doctor, I am always left wondering. My condition is very likely to lead to, if not already be, cancerous and his casual approach to that unnerves me at times. I really feel like 50% of the time he looks at my chart and remembers what we were doing about it. The other 50% of the time it's as if I'm a new patient and having to remind him that my case is not just routine. I would guess that if I just had a straight forward diagnosis of diabetes, all would be fine. For routine thyroid disorders he's probably fine too. But for thyroid CANCER, I'm not all that confident that my developing cancer won't be missed/ignored until the next 6 month check...or two or three or FOUR. Proceed with caution.