Dr. John Gordon MD Patient Reviews

• Obstetrics and Gynecology Richmond, KY

3.8

January 25th, 2017
Rude and uncareing
I called and asked to see Debbie and when I went their they didn't do an usually exam . they stuck me in a room had an ultrasound I told him what was going on and he made me feel like a lier he said ever thing was normal .if so why is their 3dark spots in my urtous. Sorry for spelling any ways he said it was all in my head and I was fat and need to lose weight in thoes same words I just used. One that is very rude uncalled for and just down right BAD bedside.I wouldnt let him deliver or touch a snake. When I told my husband bout it he was very upset .I know a friend of my had a persuader done he put her off 4different time keep post poning her surgery and when I asked for my reports I looked over and he wrote something about my daughter deliver that was untrue. A co work had gone in cause she had lost her child and on the report he put she had an abortion not a miscarriage

September 19th, 2014
Very happy patient!
Awesome, he is a great, smart physician.

October 19th, 2012
This guy needs to retire.
I was complaining of pains that had lasted for a month, well, that's all he heard. He didn't give me the time of day to sit down and let him know that I'm also throwing up, constipated, passing out, weak, tired all the time, just sick all over. No. Not a chance. He saw me ONE time and then in the follow-up he tapped me on the forehead and told me that it was all in my head, and went on babbling in a very stern and unnecessary tone with me, about seven inches from my face. He was rude, unprofessional, and downright uncaring in every sense of the word. He made me SCARED of him, and I'll never be going back.

June 26th, 2012
Best GYN in Richmond KY
I've been going to Dr Gordon for many years. His professionalism and caring manner is GREAT!!! He takes the time to talk about ALL my problems. He is my first choise when someone ask about a really good GYN Doc.

July 13th, 2011
Dr. Gordon is far and away my favorite gyno I've ever had. I love his manner- very direct, very informative, and very no-nonsense. He never hesitates to tell me if I'm being ridiculous about my health, which I think is awesome. Many doctors put on that fake syrupy sweet persona to put women at ease, but Dr. Gordon keeps it real. He also goes out of his way to provide additional information, like nutrition counseling, and is genuinely interested in holistic health, not just treating you like a symptom.He has been a lifesaver. I went to Dr. Gordon in my mid-twenties with the desire to be sterilized, and was prepared for him to give me the "you're too young, you and your husband haven't had kids yet, you can't possibly know what you want" routine, and he did not. He listened, he asked questions, and he respected me. He took my wishes seriously- more seriously than anyone else, including my family did. He performed a laproscopic tubal on me at the hospital near his practice in Richmond, and it was my best experience with surgery ever. His nursing staff told me he is the best surgeon in the area, and they were absolutely right. Ten minutes for the actual surgery- no joke- and he was very careful to keep the incisions microscopic. Five years later, I can't even see them. No one would ever guess looking at my stomach that I'd had a tubal. I owe him so much for the surgery and the excellent follow-up care, and especially for respecting my ability to define and pursue my reproductive rights. I recommend Dr. Gordon to all my friends. It's worth the drive from Lexington to keep going to see him. I have also heard from several of his other patients that he is awesome with fertility problems. His practice walls are literally wallpapered with baby pictures successful moms have sent in to thank him for helping them conceive or make it through difficult pregnancies. So, it seems he's your man, whether you want to get pregnant or avoid it. :-)