Dr. John Heyer MD Patient Reviews

3.9
  • 7 reviews

October 11th, 2016
He needs to retire, he is a poor excuse for a Dr. Has 0 bedside manner and knows nothing except how to get rid of patients. I vote time to retire, John...

March 18th, 2015
Incompentent
Changing to a new Doctor is easier said than done. I was a patient of Dr Heyer for over 5 years. I had a burning and pain in my head for 2 years and he treated it with decongestants, nothing more. There were months I was in his office every week. My insurance did not permit me to go to a specialist unless I was referred by the primary care physician. I tried to find a new doctor, but they would not take my insurance. I begged Dr Heyer multiple times to send me to an ENT and he said I did not need to go to a specialist, it was my imagination. I finally got a referral from Dr Mauk, a part time Doctor that came in for several months to assist him. The ENT was shocked that Dr Heyer could make such a diagnosis with out a CT scan, and could not believe how chronic my condition was. After the ENT reviewed my case, he determined I had chronic Sinusitis and required multiple surgeries. I was one of the worst cases he had ever seen. Because this Doctor was arrogant and clueless, I have suffered the consequences for years and will have this condition for the rest of my life. I would not take my neighbors dog to this idiot. If you cannot find a doctor to take you as a new patient, I would suggest you go to the homeless clinic, you'll get better care. Before you go to this Doctor, ask around. I was shocked how many friends and acquaintances had this turkey as a Doctor and had similar experiences. This idiot is a quack and should have never been a Doctor. Oh, by the way, a law suit would not restore my health.

January 1st, 2014
Awful
My in laws both saw Heyer, for over 30 years! We always tried to make them change, it wasn't until he lost several thousand dollars of tests of my father, that he changed. He misdiagnosed my fathers illness and by the time he tried the specialist, it was too late. He died! My mother continued to see him, he never smiled, he was rude and the staff was worse! I fought so many times to get her to change, but she would not! She kept falling all the time, so he would put her in a rehab hospital to get stronger! I can go on and on! He had told my husband and myself that my daughter had kidney cancer which was not true! He is just a stupid man who rides on the back of the specialists he makes people go too! And the number one worse thing was, the day after she died the witch office woman called my sister in law and told her that mom had a 60.00 balance! Not sorry this woman who was his patient over 30 years, died! He is a unfeeling, worthless Dr who cares only about money! Retirement time if you ask me!

November 19th, 2012
Dr. Heyer is Great!
My husband and I have been seeing Dr. Heyer for about 13 years. When our son is old enough, he will be seeing Dr. Heyer also. Dr. Heyer has always been awesome in taking the time to evaluate our medical issues, referring to the correct specialist, prescribing the right medications and just caring about us completely. We feel his bedside manner is great and we think his nurse and staff are awesome. We have referred many individuals to Dr. Heyer and will continue to refer those who need a good dr. He is a great physician for the whole family and knows he practice well.

September 24th, 2012
His nurse has been quite rude at times. Doesn't seem that busy when you enter into the office but when he enters into your examining room its entirely different. Does a routine exam very quickly....sits with his back to you at a computer as you and he somewhat converse....moves on to running alot of unneccesary tests....is in and out in a nanu second....and never prescribes you enough of anything to get you well.

January 4th, 2012
Dr Heyer is the best doctor I have ever seen. Over 31 years of the best care, I trust him with my life. Go see him and know he's the best.

September 26th, 2011