John M Hill, MD

1590 State Road 15-A
Suite 100
Deland, FL 32720
386-774-0016
Locations and availability (5)

Some ratings provided by Kudzu.
 |  Marriage & Family Therapist  |  show details
Aug 15th, 2012

Outstanding physician with exceptionally good diagnostic skills. I refer my clients to him knowing they will be well cared for in a compassionate manner,

|  Dr. Hill is a wonderful doctor  |  show details
Sep 10th, 2011

I appreciate how he listens and takes time to ask questions. I also like how he does not push medication at you but offers alternative ways to improve your health.

|  FABULOUS Dr.  |  show details
by RVC on Dec 16th, 2010

Dr. Hill was able to quickly and very accurately diagnose conditions affecting my mother. He is kind to her, thorough, considerate, makes her feel comfortable and safe. She doesn't like Drs. and she likes him very much, has great confidence in him, and trusts whatever he says. He takes time to explain anything either of us asks, and never seems to forget anything we've discussed. The office has recently updated equipment and they are working hard at keeping it as modern, easy, and efficient as possible. I don't like Drs or doctors' offices. I love these people and don't mind when I need to go there.

|  90 Days and Same Problems  |  show details
by Justanotherpatient on Aug 25th, 2010

It is August 2010 and time to refill my 90 day insulin and supplies. On August 10,2010 I e-mail to Dr. Hill's office the required forms. On August 25, 2010 I called the program provider to get a status. per my discussion in July 2010 they had faxed my refill information to Dr. Hill's office, this was before I sent my information on 8/10/2010, and as of 08/25/2010 had not received the requested information needed to refill my insulin. I resent my e-mail with attachments and followed it up but trying to fax the information to Dr. Hill's office but kept getting "...fax line is busy try again...". Dr. Hill and/or his staff have my medical records with the information and even though the medicine provider faxed their request to his office in July 2010 and I sent the information on 08/10/2010, they still have not sent the required information to the program provider. The same problems that took place earlier this year are recurring. Will the current situation take 8 to 10 weeks, as the previous one did, to resolve? Since I have to take insulin on a daily basis, one hopes not.

|  show details
Jul 19th, 2010

Dr. Hill listened closely to the things I told him regarding my mother and her issues. He accurately assessed the situation, made referrals to appropriate specialists that ended up solving several problems, and was thorough in his follow-ups. There was excellent communication between his office and the offices of other physicians. When we get to the office, he knows who we are, is familiar with the case, and is able to pick up from his notes right where we last left off. Although busy, he has a great manner towards his patients and as well as their family. I was impressed with his ability and knowledge in putting together things that seemed unrelated to come up with accurate diagnoses and workable solutions and care plans.

|  Caring and Understanding Doctor  |  show details
May 17th, 2010

This was my 3RD visit to the office, I felt just like my first visit. I have a doctor that truly listens to me and cares. In this day and age those are rare and hard to find in this day and age. On check out his staff were very helpful with scheduling my follow up appointment and assisting me scheduling me with a mammogram and breast us. Thank you Dr Hill and Staff keep up the good work.

|  Update to My April 5, 2010 Comment  |  show details
Apr 29th, 2010

On April 29, 2010, almost 8 weeks after I submitted my paperwork for the patient prescription assistance progam, I received the 90 day supply of insulin and supplies. When I stopped by to pick up the insulin I had a short conversation with one of Dr. Hill's staff, in relation to my April 5, 2010 comment posted on vitals.com. She clarified that Dr. Hill would never charge a patient for drug samples and that if such miscommuncation or misunderstanding happens in the future to immediately let Dr. Hill know.

|  Dr. Hill is Great, His Staff is Terrible  |  show details
Apr 5th, 2010

I've been going to Dr. Hill since 2005. As a doctor he is excellent. He listens to your concerns, spends time discussing your medical situation and is always upbeat and smiling.His staff, on the other hand, is atrocious. Constantly blaming errors or miscues on their equipment or each other, while not addressing the patient's question. I see Dr. Hill every 6 months. In 2009 his office "faxed" my prescription to my pharmacy on a Tuesday. On Thursday the pharmacy still had not received it. On Friday the pharmacy still hadn't received it and when i called the office they "blamed" the fax machine and said it would be taken care of before the office closed. They did not. I had to call the on call doctor to have my insulin prescription filled. What Dr. Hill's staff could not do in three days, the on call physician did in one hour. I thought this was an isolated incident, until my next appointment. In January 2010 I saw Dr. Hill and left with a prescription. Due to my current economic situation I discovered that I was eligible for patient prescription assistance from the manufacturer of the insulin I use. On March 8, 2010 I dropped off the forms for Dr. Hill to review and submit,as required. I also was given some insulin samples to tide me over until the assistance program kicked in for me in 7 to 10 days. On March 15, 2010 I called Dr. Hill's office to check. The receptionist said the paperwork was faxed on March 8, 2010. On March 15, 2010 I called again and was told they had not recieved anything since faxing the paperwork on March 8, 2010. On March 22, 2010, concerned that I had not heard anything, that I was being given the same "it was faxed" response and running low on insulin, I called the manufacutrer to check on the status of my application. They told me the paperwork was incorrect and that it had beenm sent back to Dr. Hill's office for correction the week of March 15. Livid I stopped by Dr. Hill's office and told them that the paperwork had been sent back for correction. I asked, that because of their mistake, io was again low on insulin and did they have some samples to tide me over until the patient assistance product, which was delyed due to their error, was received. The receptionist came back and said they only had a sample of Levemir and were out of Novolog flexpens and that I'd have to pay for the Novolog when they had it. This crossed the line. First it is unethical, maybe illegal, to tell a patient they have to pay for drug samples. Second, the delay was due to their error not mine. Frustrated and angry I left and decided to fill the January 2010 prescription I had, while waiting for the patient assistance program to kick in. When I went to fill my prescription, the prescription was incorrect. I use, and have always used,Levemir and Novolog flex pens in the 5 pack. The prescription was written as saying I was to have 5 insulin viles of each at twice the cost of the flexpens. Now I was to the point of screaming. I told the pharmacist I'd be back. I called Dr. Hill's office, told them they had filled out the prescription incorrectly and that I would be by the office to pick up the prescription. when I arrived the receptionist then had the nerve to tell me there was no prescription. i told her I had just talked with their office and was told it would be ready for my pick up. She then had the audacity to say "...we can fax it and it takes 48 hours to fill..." I told her I was no leaving until, as promised, I had my prescription in hand. And spend 30 to 45 seconds telling me it wasn't her I talked with. I said find my prescription pleae, I will not leave without it. She went to the back and handed me my prescription with the correct medicine, dosage and in take product, i.e. flexpens not viles.After the above events, I would have left Dr. Hill for another doctor, if it were npot for the fact that he is an excellent, caring doctor; who probably is unaware of how terrible and unprofessional his receptionist and staff are.Stay tuned the patient assistance program takes 7 to 10 days to fulfill and later this week it will 7 to 10 days from the resubmission.

|  show details
Nov 16th, 2009

Dr. Hill is an outstanding physician. He takes the time to explaine the diagnosis and has wonderful bedside manner.

|  A Diligent Doctor  |  show details
by flbirdy on Apr 22nd, 2008 on kudzu.com

Doctor Hill is a great doctor. he has a great bedside manner even joking around. Dr. Hill listens and doesn't blow off any of your concerns and because he studies your file even brings up issues you may not have considered. In my family we have experienced doctors who didn't take my family members seriously or diligently due to age or weight. This doctor is attentive. It is hard to "shop" for doctors, but if you're looking for a doctor who is "human" and not always in a tremendous hurry this is a great and highly qualified doctor to try.

Read Full Review at kudzu.com