A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. John Kerr:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
The overall average patient rating of Dr. John Kerr is Excellent.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Prepare before visiting Dr. Kerr
Skin Cancer Patient Education Read about Melanoma, basal cell and squamous cell carcinoma types in our skin cancer patient education guide.Before Visiting Dr. Kerr Learn More
|More Patient Guides & Topics|
Specialties & Research
Dr. John Kerr, MD is board certified in Surgery.
- He has special expertise in 3 areas:
- Colorectal Surgery
- Fainting (Syncope)
- Laparoscopic Gallbladder Surgery (Cholecystectomy)
Education & Awards
Dr. Kerr graduated from Virginia Commonwealth University, Richmond.
Dr. Kerr has 12 hospital affiliations:
- Carilion Giles Memorial Hospital
- Carilion Roanoke Community Hospital
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Dr. John Martin Kerr MD is a male Surgeon, has 25 years of experience and practices in Surgery.
- Where does Dr. John M. Kerr practice?
- Dr. John Kerr has 6 office locations.
Dr. John Kerr practices Surgery near Bedford, VA.
Additional practice locations include: Forest, VA and Moneta, VA.
See Bedford Surgeons.