A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. John Morton:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
- Currently 3 of 4 stars
The overall average patient rating of Dr. John Morton is Good.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Specialties & Research
Dr. John Morton, MD is board certified in Surgery.
- He has special expertise in 9 areas:
- Endoscopy (Endoscopic Surgery)
- Gastric Bypass (Gastrojejunostomy)
- Gastrointestinal Endoscopy
- Laproscopic Surgery (Laparoscopy)
- Lung Transplantation
- Morbid Obesity
- Stomach Stapling (Gastroplasty)
- Weight Loss
- Weight Loss Surgery (Bariatric Surgery)
Education & Awards
Dr. Morton graduated from Tulane University, New Orleans. He has 4 awards.
Dr. Morton has 4 hospital affiliations:
- Stanford Hospital and Clinics
- Lucile Salter Packard Children's Hospital @ Stanford
Accepted Insurance Plans
Dr. Morton accepts these health insurances in at least one office:
- Santa Clara Family Health Plan - 2 plans
- USA H & W Network - 1 plan
- United Healthcare - 14 plans
- Great-West Healthcare - 2 plans
- Humana - 2 plans
- Cigna - 4 plans
- Anthem Blue Cross - 11 plans
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Where does Dr. John M. Morton practice?
Dr. John Morton practices Surgery near Palo Alto, CA.
Additional practice locations include: Stanford, CA.
See Palo Alto Surgeons.