A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. John Murphy:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
The overall average patient rating of Dr. John Murphy is Excellent.
Prepare before visiting Dr. Murphy
Bipolar Disorder Patient Education Learn all about symptoms, treatments and medications of bipolar disorder by reading our BD patient education guide.Before Visiting Dr. Murphy Learn More
Specialties & Research
Dr. John Murphy, MD, MPH is board certified in Pediatrics, Child & Adolescent Psychiatry, and Psychiatry.
- He has special expertise in 7 areas:
- Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD) / Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Bipolar Disorder / Manic Depressive Disorder
- Depressive Disorder
- Sleep Disorders
Education & Awards
Dr. Murphy graduated from Saint Louis University.
Dr. Murphy has 5 hospital affiliations:
- Maine Medical Center
- Spring Harbor Hospital
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Dr. John M Murphy MD and MPH is a male Pediatrician, has 30 years of experience and practices in Pediatrics, Psychiatry, and Child & Adolescent Psychiatry.
- Where does Dr. John M. Murphy practice?
- Dr. John Murphy has 1 office location.
Dr. John Murphy practices Pediatrics, Psychiatry, and Child & Adolescent Psychiatry near Westbrook, ME.
See Westbrook Pediatricians, Westbrook Psychiatrists, and Westbrook Child Psychiatrists.