A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. John Nelson:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
The overall average patient rating of Dr. John Nelson is Average.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Prepare before visiting Dr. Nelson
Carpal Tunnel Syndrome Patient Education Learn about Carpal Tunnel Syndrome by reading our patient guide overview page.Before Visiting Dr. Nelson Learn More
Specialties & Research
Dr. John Nelson, MD is board certified in Orthopaedic Surgery.
- He has special expertise in 6 areas:
- Cerebral Palsy
- Hip Osteoarthritis
- Joint Surgery (Joint Prosthesis Implantation Arthroplasty)
- Knee Osteoarthritis
- Osteoarthritis (Hand and Wrist)
- Sports Medicine
Education & Awards
Dr. Nelson graduated from New York University - Mount Sinai. He has 1 awards.
Dr. Nelson has 8 hospital affiliations:
- Stamford Hospital
- Greenwich Hospital Association
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Dr. John Martin Nelson MD is a male Orthopaedic Surgeon, has 32 years of experience and practices in Orthopaedic Surgery.
- Where does Dr. John M. Nelson practice?
- Dr. John Nelson has 4 office locations.
Dr. John Nelson practices Orthopaedic Surgery near Purchase, NY.
Additional practice locations include: New Rochelle, NY and Stamford, CT.
See Purchase Surgeons.