Dr. John Nelson Jr MD Patient Reviews

3.0

May 10th, 2016
Dr. Nelson misdiagnosed both my daughters. There are now being seen by a professional sports doctor who actually diagnosed them with a cause for there pain and are treating them properly. And not telling my Daughter it may be time to retire.

November 2nd, 2015
I wouldn't go back
Not thoughtful, spends no time explaining anything He works with children he really should be more equipped for dealing with a young population and their often worried-sick parents

June 28th, 2015
Just terrible
This guy spent 39 seconds with me and billed me 1500....oh and got the diagnosis wrong on second opinion

October 26th, 2014
He hates people who use workman's comp.
If you are using workman's comp, don't go to this guy. I got hurt at work, and went to this guy after a friend told me he was a good doctor. The office staff was extremely rude. I did not know that i had to go under workman's comp, and proceeded to hand in my regular insurance. They told me to leave, unless i could provide the workman's comp info. Since i had a broken foot, it was difficult to walk, so i called work and got the info. After waiting a while, the doctor saw me and was very condescending. He treated me like some kind of moron, while being extremely nice to my 18 year old daughter. He dismissed my shoulder injury as nothing, even though i could not move my arm. On my second visit, he x-rayed my shoulder, told me nothing was wrong, and said he would give me an anti-inflamatory for it. The anti-inflamatory was codeine. i asked him for a handicap pass for work, but he refused until I explained that I had to go down 3 flights of steps on crutches to get into work. I switched doctors after that.. and ended up with shoulder surgery as my tendons were torn, some were shredded and had to have my bone shaved. I wouldn't take my dog to him or even a pet fish.

October 17th, 2013
Horrible
For 5 months my 18 yr old suffered with pain in his right hand. He didn't take the time out to "LOOK" at him after waiting for 2 hours in the waiting room, Dr. Nelson flew in then flew out..We were treated horribly by the staff and I had to resort to going to a REAL orthopedic doctor who finally got to the bottom of my son's injury. Never again.. I would think twice before going to Cristofaro/Nelson!!! NEVER!!

April 23rd, 2013
Dismissive, judgemental - maybe time for retirement?
It was recommended to me to bring my son, who has some speech delays and motor delays, to see an orthopedist because he also has very flat feet, by a physical therapist who was evaluating him. I made an appt with Dr Nelson and was kept waiting for almost an hour for our appointment. When Dr. Nelson did see us, he was extremely rude, dismissive and judgmental of me, as a parent, for even bringing my son in to see him, implying that I was yet another over-anxious westchester parent with too many resources and I was wasting his time. He of course, knows nothing about me. He spent about 2.5 minutes with us and then dismissed us without even giving me the chance to ask him any questions. I left the office completely bewildered and only afterward did I get upset at how he treated us. I wrote the office a letter and didn't receive any reply. I think Dr. Nelson should consider leaving the field if that is how he sees fit to treat patients who have come to him for advice. Find another doctor.

March 7th, 2013
Foot pain
Absolutely the worst experience. Dr Nelson told us its a kid being a kid and to ignore her pain complaints. Do not go to this place if u t looking for answers.

January 27th, 2012
What kind of dr tells you you deserve your injury!!!
The dr. did a bad job and then saw me in the area where he works and took the time to come over and tell i deserved what happened to me!!! O.O This man has a screw or 18 of them loose!

January 10th, 2011
Excellent care
I was ambivalent about using Dr. Nelson since it was an emergency room visit. We followed up with him becuase of the treatment that he gave our daughter. He knows what he is doing and he did a fabulous job setting our daughters two broken bones in her leg without having to go through surgery. I would highly recommend him and he has a great sense of humor too,.

October 26th, 2010
No Apology
Three visits and i had to wait atleast 40 minutes per. I told the doctor I was upset about the constant overbooking and inconsideration. He told me that they have a busy office and that they had an emergency. (I guess they had an emergency everytime i was there?!)A simple "I'm sorry for wasting your time" would have sufficed. Did it happen...no!I would not recommend him at all. He is unprofessional and really is only concerned with churning out the patients. $$