Surgeons
3010 Westchester Ave
Ste 104
Purchase, NY 10577
914-967-8708
Locations and availability (2)

2.0

|  right shoulder problem  |  show details
by billy on May 19th, 2014

Since I got a problem in my right shoulder( pain) my medical doctor recommended dr. john nelson to take care of my problem. I thought he is a good orthopaedic surgeon. but in my case he is not! my first appointment to him, he just checked my right shoulder quickly less than 10 minutes and he told me you are ok! but when I told him I'm not ok, he give me a shot on my right shoulder without telling me what is it, and how those shot benefit my pain. every time I visited him in his office in New Rochelle, he did the same thing. check my arm quickly then say I'm okay! It was May 15, 2014 when I came to his office in Purchase, to know the result of my MRI. he didn't told me by details about the result. He just told me " you have inflammation and little tear of tissue, you want surgery?" and then when I told him yes I want surgery, he told me hmm! just give us a call if you are ready. That's it! I mean, he didn't give me the pros & cons, so at least I have a little idea. one more thing he did to me, when I give him the workers compensation forms to be filled up, he just wrote my name and he told me I will do it later and walk away from me,I asked his secretary and she told me we will mail it to you! I was so upset that day and I withdrawn my papers an came to the other doctor. So, if you, your family member and friends have a problems of your shoulder, Don't get dr. john nelson, because in my case he didn't do well! he is terrible! and one more thing one of his secretary is like him, terrible too! because when I call and asked the address in his office in Purchase, she rises her voice over the phone when I reconfirm the address.

|  Horrible  |  show details
by Lisa C. on Oct 17th, 2013

For 5 months my 18 yr old suffered with pain in his right hand. He didn't take the time out to "LOOK" at him after waiting for 2 hours in the waiting room, Dr. Nelson flew in then flew out..We were treated horribly by the staff and I had to resort to going to a REAL orthopedic doctor who finally got to the bottom of my son's injury. Never again.. I would think twice before going to Cristofaro/Nelson!!! NEVER!!

|  Dismissive, judgemental - maybe time for retirement?  |  show details
by Alison B. on Apr 23rd, 2013

It was recommended to me to bring my son, who has some speech delays and motor delays, to see an orthopedist because he also has very flat feet, by a physical therapist who was evaluating him. I made an appt with Dr Nelson and was kept waiting for almost an hour for our appointment. When Dr. Nelson did see us, he was extremely rude, dismissive and judgmental of me, as a parent, for even bringing my son in to see him, implying that I was yet another over-anxious westchester parent with too many resources and I was wasting his time. He of course, knows nothing about me. He spent about 2.5 minutes with us and then dismissed us without even giving me the chance to ask him any questions. I left the office completely bewildered and only afterward did I get upset at how he treated us. I wrote the office a letter and didn't receive any reply. I think Dr. Nelson should consider leaving the field if that is how he sees fit to treat patients who have come to him for advice. Find another doctor.

|  Foot pain  |  show details
by Dawn on Mar 7th, 2013

Absolutely the worst experience. Dr Nelson told us its a kid being a kid and to ignore her pain complaints. Do not go to this place if u t looking for answers.

|  my son almost died under his care  |  show details
Apr 24th, 2012

Drs. Nelson and Cristofaro were responsible for our son's surgery following a complicated open fracture of his upper arm. After letting him languish in the hospital with a fever for 10 days, we moved him to HSS in Manhattan. He was found to have nerve damage and wood chips in his arm from the original injury. He could have died or lost his arm because the doctors did not re-open his arm following their original surgery to set his break. Their orthopedic intervention to set the bone with a metal plate was poor at best (later changed to an external fixator). Their handling of the life-threatening post-operative infection was professionally incompetent.

|  What kind of dr tells you you deserve your injury!!!  |  show details
Jan 27th, 2012

The dr. did a bad job and then saw me in the area where he works and took the time to come over and tell i deserved what happened to me!!! O.O This man has a screw or 18 of them loose!

|  Excellent care  |  show details
Jan 10th, 2011

I was ambivalent about using Dr. Nelson since it was an emergency room visit. We followed up with him becuase of the treatment that he gave our daughter. He knows what he is doing and he did a fabulous job setting our daughters two broken bones in her leg without having to go through surgery. I would highly recommend him and he has a great sense of humor too,.

|  No Apology  |  show details
by A pissed off former patient! on Oct 26th, 2010

Three visits and i had to wait atleast 40 minutes per. I told the doctor I was upset about the constant overbooking and inconsideration. He told me that they have a busy office and that they had an emergency. (I guess they had an emergency everytime i was there?!)A simple "I'm sorry for wasting your time" would have sufficed. Did it happen...no!I would not recommend him at all. He is unprofessional and really is only concerned with churning out the patients. $$