Dr. John Ogrady Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. John Ogrady?

September 10th, 2014

really isn't one I would recommend

He knows his stuff, but he is probably one of the worst doctors I have ever had to go to. You can wait in the office sometimes for over 2 hours before you are seen. One day we arrived at 11 and left at 3! He tends to be very abrupt, not explain himself properly and then say that it was you who misunderstood. One day he actually told me that he would simplify it for me, or try to speak to me in " layman's terms". It is vision, not rocket science. As a nurse, I think I had a grasp on his being a jerk without an issue. At least that was simple enough for me to understand. The office staff is rushed and overworked, the front desk is very impatient with the patients. The testing staff was excellent though. You end up with too many follow up visits. Yet another 2 hour process? How many could you possibly need? I felt like it was all for the money. Several times I pulled up on time, the seats in the office were full and he was not even in the parking lot. I have never seen anything like it. Moved my account to Mount Pleasant. Just not worth the stress.

May 4th, 2014

Unhappy Patient

Awful experience. Had procedure done which was incorrect. No beside manner after years going to this doctor. Would think after all these years he would know his patient better.

January 21st, 2014

IT IS ALL ABOUT $$$$

Waited 4 hours being moved from waiting room to testing by his assistant to more waiting rooms. O'Grady spent less than 5 minutes; said just floaters nothing serious and as he rushed out of the room told his assistant to set a optometrist appointment for me in year. I said no I have an optometrist! O'Grady rushed back in and said he better see me in a few months to check on the retina! After I received the bill of over $200 I cancelled the appointment. This visit was not about patient care; it was all about making money! I would not take my dog to this uncaring jerk!

May 2nd, 2013

irate patient

I waited over 3 hours for my appointment with Dr. O'Grady, and received less than 5 minutes of his time. He told me that I had glaucoma, and when I saw other doctors they said that was not the case at all. He was very rude and acted like he was doing me a favor by seeing me. I would not recommend Dr. O'Grady or Great Lakes Eye Institute to anyone!

February 6th, 2012

Doctor's attitude

Doctor was rushed. Many people waiting in waiting room. Little time spent with each patient. Doctor spent time studying test results and didn't treat patient as a person. Very pushy about need for cataract surgery. Forced to watch FOX news channel.

August 17th, 2011

I believe Dr. O'Grady is a good doctor, but he has zero communication skills and personal interaction with his patients. I feel like I am just a number, not a person. If I saw him on the street I am certain he wouldn't recognize me (and with the short time I have spent with him I doubt I'd recognize him either). The scheduling is horrible. Every time I have been in for an appointment I have had to wait over an hour, and once in time drags by before it is complete. They do have a tv on, but it is on FOX news. Not only do I have to wait hours for my appointment to be over, I have to listen to that drivel on tv. When you arrive at Great Lakes you have to sit in a huge waiting room and wait for your name to be yelled for you to come up to the desk. Then you have to figure out who called your name from all of the people behind the desk. I feel like more of a bother to them than a paying customer. This is not the way to do business. After the appointment you do not hear the results of your tests (glaucoma or field of vision). You are only told that you will receive a postcard to schedule your next visit, unless you hear from them otherwise. My vision is too important to me to not fully hear my diagnosis and what will happen next. I am firing Dr. O'Grady and the office. I have more important things to do with my life than sit waiting. There has to be a better eye doctor and office than Great Lakes Institute. How they got "Best of the Best" I have absolutely no clue.

August 18th, 2016