Dr. John Owens MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

3.9
  • 6 reviews

August 29th, 2016
great compared to another surgeon
Dr. Owens replaced my right hip in 2007. I have had no issue with my hip.... However, 5years later I had my left hip replaced by a different surgeon in Paramus and it still talks to me(ache and some pain.)..

January 5th, 2016
A PATIENT
DR. OWENS IS A VERY GOOD DOCTOR AND HE WAS HIGHLY RECOMMENDED TO ME. I WAS VERY HAPPY WITH HIM AND FELT VERY SECURE ABOUT HIS DECISIONS ON MY BROKEN ARM. HIS STAFF IS ANOTHER SITUATION. THEY ARE THE MOST UNPROFESSIONAL STAFF I HAVE EVER ENCOUNTERED. THE PERSON WHO RECOMMENDED DR. OWENS TOLD ME TO TRY AND IGNORE THE STAFF....NOW I KNOW WHAT HE MEANT. IN ALL MY YEARS OF DEALING WITH STAFFING EMPLOYEES OF DOCTORS , WHETHER IT WAS MY MOM, AUNTS, HUSBANDS OR MYSELF, I HAVE NEVER RUN INTO THE MOST HORRIBLE PEOPLE IN MY LIFE. IF YOU CAN GET THROUGH HIS STAFF, DR. OWENS IS WORTH THE VISIT. IF NOT, RUN TO ANOTHER DOCTOR.

November 3rd, 2015
Dr. John Owens is a bad doctor. He has no follow up with patients and his diagnosis was completely wrong. I'd highly recommend staying away from him and his practice.

September 2nd, 2015
very good diagnostician. Caring, thorough and professional.

February 25th, 2010
Maybe had a bad day...
Waited for 20+ minutes to see this Dr. He saw patients who came in after me while I waited. When I finally saw him, he spent 5 minutes with me, then had his nurse take xrays, then deliver the message that he wants to get an MRI and see me after the MRI. I got the script for that at the receptionist desk, and never saw him after the initial 5 minutes. The next time I had an appt., they either lost the MRIs or didn't receive them. There was a lot of time chasing after my Xrays and MRIs for the follow up appt and the office staff was (on more than one occasion) busy talking about their weekend plans rather than helping me obtain information or make another appt. This went on for 3 months. I finally found another doctor.

July 13th, 2009
KNEE REPLACEMENT
DR OWENS DID AN EXCELLENT JOB ON MY KNEE REPLACEMENT. HE WAS VERY CARING AND MADE YOU FEEL COMFORTABLE GETTING IT DONE.