A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
- Currently 2.5 of 4 stars
The overall average patient rating of Dr. John Petersen is Good. Dr. Petersen has been reviewed by 2 patients who have provided 2 comments. The rating is 2.5 out of 4 stars.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Specialties & Research
Dr. John Petersen, DO is board certified in Internal Medicine and Gastroenterology.
He has special expertise in 1 Area, including Gastrointestinal Hemorrhage.
More Specialties & Research
Education & Awards
Dr. Petersen graduated from Midwestern University, Downers Grove. He has 3 awards.
Dr. Petersen has 6 hospital affiliations:
- Saint Luke's Hospital
- Baptist Medical Center - Beaches
Accepted Insurance Plans
Dr. Petersen accepts these health insurances in at least one office:
- United Healthcare - 2 plans
- Great-West Healthcare - 3 plans
- Unicare - 3 plans
- Humana - 2 plans
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of Nebraska - 1 plan
- AMERIGROUP - 4 plans
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of Florida - 3 plans
- AvMed Health Plans - 7 plans
- Americhoice - 2 plans
- USA H & W Network - 1 plan
More Accepted Insurance
Learn more about Dr. John Petersen:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Where does Dr. John M. Petersen practice?
Dr. John Petersen practices Internal Medicine and Gastroenterology near Jacksonville, FL.
Additional practice locations include: Gainesville, FL and Fort Myers, FL.
See Jacksonville Internists and Jacksonville Gastroenterologists.
- Similar Physician Names
- Dr. Van Petersen, Dr. Deshawn Petersen, Dr. Jan Petersen, Dr. Hank Petersen, Dr. Shayne Petersen, Dr. Shane Petersen, Dr. Jackie Petersen, Dr. Giovanni Petersen