A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. John Petersen:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
The overall average patient rating of Dr. John Petersen is Average.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Prepare before visiting Dr. Petersen
Eating Disorders Patient Education Read all about treatments and doctors to see for various eating disorders by reading our Vitals patient education guides.Before Visiting Dr. Petersen Learn More
Specialties & Research
Dr. John Petersen, DO is board certified in Internal Medicine and Gastroenterology.
- He has special expertise in 6 areas:
- Acid Reflux Disease (Gastroesophageal Reflux / GERD)
- Gastrointestinal Hemorrhage
- Hepatitis C
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS)
- Ulcerative Colitis
Education & Awards
Dr. Petersen graduated from Midwestern University, Downers Grove. He has 1 awards.
Dr. Petersen has 7 hospital affiliations:
- Baptist Medical Center
- Memorial Hospital Jacksonville
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Dr. John Maynard Petersen DO is a male Internist, has 33 years of experience and practices in Internal Medicine and Gastroenterology.
- Where does Dr. John M. Petersen practice?
- Dr. John Petersen has 2 office locations.
Dr. John Petersen practices Internal Medicine and Gastroenterology near Jacksonville, FL.
Additional practice locations include: Orange Park, FL.
See Jacksonville Internists and Jacksonville Gastroenterologists.