Dr. John Rivard Is this you?

STILL FIND Dr. RIVARD THE BEST PSYCHIATRIST EVER EVEN THOUGH HE IS GONE.

Posted on April 9th, 2016

Even though Dr. Rivard is no longer with us and it was a major tragedy that did happen to end his life, and that of his wife and 7 year old daughter, as a Psychiatrist, he was still the very best Psychiatrist I have ever been to (I am now 56 and have seen Psychiatrists since I was 12). He ALWAYS kept strict boundaries which, in my case, was crucial, and never, EVER slipped on those boundaries one time. VERY professional in every single way. I always felt more and more safe every time I went there knowing there would be "no surprises" or anything to trigger or scare me (I am diagnosed PTSD, Major Depression and Anxiety Disorder, along with some major physical disorders). Even now, in 2016, I still have not processed at all the tragedy of what his family went through. Even the day I was told about it by my then-Psychologist. I heard the words, but just went dull in the head. To me, it's like he's still here, but I'm just not seeing him anymore. I don't understand why I haven't processed this major thing after so many years with a doctor that truly trusted and admired for keeping such strict boundaries. Anyways, he was the best Psychiatrist I ever had. Just had to come back and say that and give this update.

John Rivard, M.D. Psychiatrist

Posted on December 27th, 2014

Although Dr. Rivard ended up shooting his wife, child then himself, I liked him a lot. He knew how to keep boundaries. I still have not processed or envisioned what he has done with regard to his actually shooting his wife and child and then himself. It's as if it did not happen and I just switched doctors. I am completely numb on the subject even though it happened awhile back - don't even remember when. He was a great Psychiatrist that DID keep boundaries and was very professional and never talked about himself or anything personal unlike my previous Psychologist who had sexually exploited me after misdiagnosing me and his pal he shared an office with, the Psychiatrist gave me such a heavy amount of drugs and so many, I became numbly submissive to this Psychologist for 6 months. He was accused by Medical Board and DOJ when I filed complaint and also filed lawsuit - BIG. Current Diagnoses: PTSD, Major Depression, Anxiety (and then there are many physical diagnoses - almost all are stress-related, i.e., Hiatal Hernia, G.E.R.D., Colitis that don't go away among degenerative bone disease and many other issues.

ADHD