Dr. John Shaw Is this you?

June 4th, 2013

Doesn't Get Any Better

Over 30 years ago I was diagnosed with a Stage 3B Hodgkin's lymphoma and was referred by some highly competent Northwestern doctors to John Shaw. There was a 40% chance I would not be around 5 years later. John is great doctor, scientist and diagnostician and after following his guidance and prescribed treatment, here I am 30+ years later without ever having a reoccurence of the disease. In the 30 years since my treatment, John has become a good friend and a miracle worker for some of my other friends. He gave 7 good years to a lung cancer patient that wasn't expected to survive 6 months. He had major surgery stopped on a 21 year old girl I had referred to him for a second opinion. After reviewing the records of her other "specialist" , he felt firmly that there was nothing wrong with this young women and he was correct. John may have a dry sense of humor, but I know of few more compassionate people and have even seen him cry (although he will never admit it). John is simply a good man and a great doctor and I hope he continues his practice helping people for years to come. Now 65+, I've lived long enough where I am currently having to face some possible prostate cancer issues. I'm just glad to have John in my corner which makes dealing with all this a lot easier.

September 24th, 2012

After 24 years

After 24 years of waiting for the "iffy" return of ocular melanoma to my liver, it has happened. In those years oncologists in "the know" concerning this rare melanoma have studied it, learned what to do WHEN (no if nowdays)it returns and Dr Shaw's expertise has gained me a new lease on life.

February 27th, 2012

e wait. He is the best. I'd drive miles to see him.

June 11th, 2011

Dr Shaw is extremely compassionate as are his staff. The office has its lab on site so test results are available for the appointment. Dr Shaw spends ample time in the exam and available for follow up, occassionally even via email. I highly recommend this doc. I have never experienced him as Gruff as said in another review. I think he really is amazing. He is so warm and open and this allows me to express all my concerns.

May 17th, 2011

pataient

Dr. Shaw is an excellent doctor.

April 21st, 2011

Don't let his sometimes-gruff demeanor fool you... he is THE BEST.

I have seen Dr. Shaw for nearly a year now following my diagnosis of Non-Hodgkins Lymphoma. His care and concern, and his expertise are just exceptional. Oh, he can sometimes seem a bit gruff, but he is a real teddy bear underneath. His staff worships him, and more than one of them have described him to me as "brilliant." Oncology is a difficult profession, I think. I am extremely pleased I chose Dr. Shaw to guide me on what seems to be a very successful journey.

December 14th, 2010

Dr, Shaw does spend time with his patients. Because of this it does back up the wait time, but he does give each patient individual time.

October 18th, 2010

HE IS EXCELLENT!

January 26th, 2010

Dr. Shaw Oncology

I have been seeing Dr.John Shaw for 10 years, as I have had breast cancer.He is a great Dr., takes the time to listen and reply with whatever concern you have. I would strong recommend him..He is an excelent, kind, caring oncologist.

November 16th, 2016