A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. John Small:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
- Currently 3 of 4 stars
The overall average patient rating of Dr. John Small is Good.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Specialties & Research
Dr. John Small, MD is board certified in Orthopaedic Surgery.
- He has special expertise in 20 areas:
- Back Pain
- Herniated Disc
- Hip Osteoarthritis
- Knee Osteoarthritis
- Lower Back Pain
- Neck Pain
- Osteoarthritis (Hand and Wrist)
- Spinal Fractures
- Spinal Fusion
- Spinal Stenosis
- Vertebroplasty (Kyphoplasty)
- Wounds and Injuries
Education & Awards
Dr. Small graduated from University of Nebraska, Omaha. He has 1 awards.
Dr. Small has 8 hospital affiliations:
- The Tampa General Hospital
- University Community Hospital at Carroll
Accepted Insurance Plans
Dr. Small accepts these health insurances in at least one office:
- United Healthcare - 19 plans
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of Florida - 9 plans
- Great-West Healthcare - 2 plans
- Unicare - 2 plans
- AvMed Health Plans - 2 plans
- Evercare - 4 plans
- Cigna - 3 plans
- Humana - 2 plans
- USA H & W Network - 1 plan
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Where does Dr. John M. Small practice?
Dr. John Small practices Orthopaedic Surgery, Orthopaedic Surgery of the Spine, and Surgery near Temple Terrace, FL.
Additional practice locations include: Tampa, FL and Brandon, FL.