John Wise Is this you?

Have you seen John Wise?

Posted on September 29th, 2017

I signed my father up from Dr. Wise's concierge service as my father has a chronic illness and his primary doctor recently retired. I inquired if Dr. Wise made house calls as my dad is for the most part bed bound. A staff member informed us that Dr. Wise does not make house calls which is fine as my dad has a wheelchair and we have a ramp at our home to be able to get him places. It is easier if folks come to him but that is not a typical practice in this day and age. I spoke with the concierge service about getting my dad to appointments and signed up to have him see Dr. Wise. Two days later I called Dr. Wise's office to try and make an appointment for my dad. I got a voicemail so I left a message. A few hours later I tried his office again since it's a Friday and I was concerned I may not hear back before the weekend. I got a voicemail for a second time so I tried reaching the office through the concierge service. The service informed me that Dr. Wise did not want to take my dad on as a patient and was denying him membership to his practice. I completely understand that with my dad's illness he may not be an appropriate patient for Dr. Wise. However, I did not appreciate how he made this decision based on limited information and without even bothering to return my phone call and discuss this over the phone. The whole point of a concierge service is to have direct contact with a doctor. That is why you pay the annual fee on top of appointment expenses etc. I found it incredibly unprofessional how Dr. Wise and his staff handled the whole situation. A simple returned phone call would have sufficed. After three days of trying to get my dad to a new health care provider it's now Friday at 2 pm and we are back where we started and have to wait the weekend to start this process all over again. I would not recommend Dr. Wise as a healthcare provider based on our experience.

Dr Wise terrible assistant Lori

Posted on October 26th, 2016

Dr Wise is a wonderful doctor. He's very courteous, attentive and straight forward. However, his nurse assistant Lori should be fired immediately. She's very rude and insensitive. She seem disgusted and aggravated all the time. She's gonna run all of Dr. Wise patients away. I hope he get rid of her before he lose his patients. I love Dr Wise and he's so wonderful.

Posted on October 20th, 2015

Dr. Wise is the reason I now go to Doctors. For the longest time I would not see a doctor, but because of his attentiveness and compassion and his wonderful demeanor, it is actually a pleasure to go to the doctor, of course only if it is to see him.. There should be more caring individuals that practice medicine like him. What a great doctor and a wonderful person.

Best internist

Posted on April 13th, 2015

I am completely satisfied with every aspect of this office. They are thorough, kind, courteous, respectful. Dr. Wise is the most helpful physician I have ever encountered. Thank you, Dr Wise!

Hope that he never retires!!

Posted on July 18th, 2014

Absolutely WONDERFUL!!! Great bedside manner. Makes you feel comfortable. The only dr. that I have ever wanted to see. Concerned about each patient

Good Doctor

Posted on February 17th, 2012

I've been a patient of Dr. Wise's for approximtately ten years. I'm very pleased with him, but his front desk staff have been down right rude on a few occassions. I've brought this to Dr. Wise's attention, but I don't know if there has been any follow up. Overall I'm pleased with Dr. Wise and I'll continue to see him.

Posted on July 25th, 2011

Fantastic Doctor, very knowledgeable and professional. Has a wonderful bedside manner.

The way care used to be.

Posted on June 13th, 2011

I've been a patient of John Wise's for probabaly 8-9 years now and am thoroughly pleased. He and his staff get it. They treat patients like friend, diagnosis is always on the money, and they believe you when you say you really need to be seen.............just don't abuse the trust. I have literally no complaints. I trust this doctor.

The most genuine, caring doctor I've ever been too.

Posted on December 20th, 2010

Dr. Wise is the 1st doctor to ever take the time to talk with me about me. Not just the standard 10 minute check but a full, as long as you want, conversation about you. Dr. Wise spent at least 30 minutes with me on my 1st visit and that didn't include the time for a physical, so I was with John for upwards of 45 minutes. Amazing bedside manner. Highly recommended.

Posted on June 13th, 2017