A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. John Maa:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
The overall average patient rating of Dr. John Maa is Excellent.
Prepare before visiting Dr. Maa
Metastatic Melanoma Patient Education Learn all about metastatic melanoma symptoms and treatments by reading Vitals patient education guide.Before Visiting Dr. Maa Learn More
Specialties & Research
Dr. John Maa, MD is board certified in Surgery.
- He has special expertise in 11 areas:
- Central Venous Catheterization
- Femoral Hernia
- Galbladder Removal (Cholecystectomy)
- Gastrointestinal Cancer
- Inguinal Hernia
- Laproscopic Surgery (Laparoscopy)
- Percutaneous Endoscopic Gastrostomy (PEG)
- Ventral Hernia
Education & Awards
Dr. Maa graduated from Harvard University , Boston.
Dr. Maa has 4 hospital affiliations:
- UCSF Medical Center / Moffitt-Long Hospitals
- San Mateo Medical Center
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Dr. John Maa MD is a male Surgeon, has 18 years of experience and practices in Surgery.
- Where does Dr. John Maa practice?
- Dr. John Maa has 2 office locations.
Dr. John Maa practices Surgery near San Francisco, CA.
Additional practice locations include: San Mateo, CA.
See San Francisco Surgeons.