A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. John Macgillivray:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
The overall average patient rating of Dr. John Macgillivray is Good.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Prepare before visiting Dr. Macgillivray
Metastatic Melanoma Patient Education Learn all about metastatic melanoma symptoms and treatments by reading Vitals patient education guide.Before Visiting Dr. Macgillivray Learn More
Specialties & Research
Dr. John Macgillivray, MD is board certified in Orthopaedic Surgery.
- He has special expertise in 7 areas:
- Arthroscopic Surgery (Arthroscopy)
- Clinical Research
- Hip Osteoarthritis
- Knee Osteoarthritis
- Knee Surgery (Knee Replacement Arthroplasty)
- Osteoarthritis (Hand and Wrist)
- Sports Medicine
Education & Awards
Dr. Macgillivray graduated from Tufts University, Boston. He has 7 awards.
Dr. Macgillivray has 9 hospital affiliations:
- Hospital For Special Surgery
- NewYork-Presbyterian / Weill Cornell
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Dr. John Douglad Macgillivray MD is a male Orthopaedic Surgeon, has 21 years of experience and practices in Orthopaedic Surgery.
- Where does Dr. John D. Macgillivray practice?
- Dr. John Macgillivray has 2 office locations.
Dr. John Macgillivray practices Orthopaedic Surgery near New York, NY.
See New York Orthopedic Surgeons.