A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. John Macgillivray:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
The overall average patient rating of Dr. John Macgillivray is Good.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Prepare before visiting Dr. Macgillivray
Skin Cancer Patient Education Read about Melanoma, basal cell and squamous cell carcinoma types in our skin cancer patient education guide.Before Visiting Dr. Macgillivray Learn More
Specialties & Research
Dr. John Macgillivray, MD is board certified in Orthopaedic Surgery.
- He has special expertise in 7 areas:
- Arthroscopic Surgery (Arthroscopy)
- Clinical Research
- Hip Osteoarthritis
- Knee Osteoarthritis
- Knee Surgery (Knee Replacement Arthroplasty)
- Osteoarthritis (Hand and Wrist)
- Sports Medicine
Education & Awards
Dr. Macgillivray graduated from Tufts University, Boston. He has 7 awards.
Dr. Macgillivray has 9 hospital affiliations:
- Hospital For Special Surgery
- NewYork-Presbyterian / Weill Cornell
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Dr. John Douglad Macgillivray MD is a male Orthopaedic Surgeon, has 22 years of experience and practices in Orthopaedic Surgery.
- Where does Dr. John D. Macgillivray practice?
- Dr. John Macgillivray has 2 office locations.
Dr. John Macgillivray practices Orthopaedic Surgery near New York, NY.
See New York Orthopedic Surgeons.