A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. John Macgillivray:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
- Currently 3.5 of 4 stars
The overall average patient rating of Dr. John Macgillivray is Excellent.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Specialties & Research
Dr. John Macgillivray, MD is board certified in Orthopaedic Surgery.
- He has special expertise in 7 areas:
- Arthroscopic Surgery (Arthroscopy)
- Clinical Research
- Hip Osteoarthritis
- Knee Osteoarthritis
- Knee Surgery (Knee Replacement Arthroplasty)
- Osteoarthritis (Hand and Wrist)
- Sports Medicine
Education & Awards
Dr. Macgillivray graduated from Tufts University, Boston. He has 6 awards.
Dr. Macgillivray has 9 hospital affiliations:
- Hospital For Special Surgery
- Ny Hospital Medical Ctr Of Queens,The
Accepted Insurance Plans
Dr. Macgillivray accepts these health insurances in at least one office:
- United Healthcare - 17 plans
- Unicare - 2 plans
- Oxford Health Plans - 2 plans
- Cigna - 3 plans
- MVP Health Care Preferred Care - 9 plans
- Medicare - 1 plan
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Where does Dr. John D. Macgillivray practice?
Dr. John Macgillivray practices Orthopaedic Surgery near New York, NY.
Additional practice locations include: Manhasset, NY and Old Greenwich, CT.
See New York Orthopedic Surgeons.