A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. John MacIlwaine:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
The overall average patient rating of Dr. John MacIlwaine is Good.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Specialties & Research
Dr. John MacIlwaine, MD is board certified in Orthopaedic Surgery and Orthopaedic Surgery of the Hand.
- He has special expertise in 4 areas:
- Hand Surgery
- Hip Osteoarthritis
- Knee Osteoarthritis
- Osteoarthritis (Hand and Wrist)
Education & Awards
Dr. MacIlwaine graduated from University of Virginia, Charlottesville.
Dr. MacIlwaine has 6 hospital affiliations:
- Roper Hospital
- Augusta Medical Center
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Dr. John C MacIlwaine MD is a male Orthopaedic Surgeon, has 33 years of experience and practices in Orthopaedic Surgery, Orthopaedic Surgery of the Hand, and Surgery of the Hand.
- Where does Dr. John C. MacIlwaine practice?
- Dr. John MacIlwaine has 4 office locations.
Dr. John MacIlwaine practices Orthopaedic Surgery, Orthopaedic Surgery of the Hand, and Surgery of the Hand near Mount Pleasant, SC.
Additional practice locations include: Charleston, SC and Fishersville, VA.
See Mount Pleasant Surgeons and Mount Pleasant Orthopedic Surgeons.