A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. John MacIlwaine:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
The overall average patient rating of Dr. John MacIlwaine is Excellent.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Prepare before visiting Dr. MacIlwaine
Carpal Tunnel Syndrome Patient Education Learn about Carpal Tunnel Syndrome by reading our patient guide overview page.Before Visiting Dr. MacIlwaine Learn More
Specialties & Research
Dr. John MacIlwaine, MD is board certified in Orthopaedic Surgery and Orthopaedic Surgery of the Hand.
- He has special expertise in 4 areas:
- Hand Surgery
- Hip Osteoarthritis
- Knee Osteoarthritis
- Osteoarthritis (Hand and Wrist)
Education & Awards
Dr. MacIlwaine graduated from University of Virginia, Charlottesville.
Dr. MacIlwaine has 5 hospital affiliations:
- Roper Hospital
- East Cooper Medical Center
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Dr. John Courtenay MacIlwaine MD is a male Orthopaedic Surgeon, has 33 years of experience and practices in Orthopaedic Surgery, Orthopaedic Surgery of the Hand, and Surgery of the Hand.
- Where does Dr. John C. MacIlwaine practice?
- Dr. John MacIlwaine has 3 office locations.
Dr. John MacIlwaine practices Orthopaedic Surgery, Orthopaedic Surgery of the Hand, and Surgery of the Hand near Mount Pleasant, SC.
Additional practice locations include: Charleston, SC.
See Mount Pleasant Surgeons.