Dr. John Maddox MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

October 29th, 2015
Amazing doctor who gave me a promise after my first child was still born. When I having contractions with my twins, and was gone for the day. The dr. On-call contacted dr. Maddox - she was told if my contractions didn't stop to page him and he'd come in. That is the way he is. Concerned and caring

September 9th, 2015
A Wonderful Doctor
I have been seeing Dr. Maddox for several years now for my yearly gynecological checkup. I have found him extremely professional and caring. He listens to everything I say and encourages me to expound on some things. He never rushes me. In addition, he asked me about my son even though it was a year since I had seen him. I could not believe he remembered. He said he makes notes about his patients. Dr. Maddox makes me feel like a real person instead of just some nondescript patient. I recommend him highly.

April 14th, 2014
not pleased
have been a patient of his for 20 + years. He used to be ok but now not so much. He dismissed my concerns. Not sure if I will continue with him.

March 2nd, 2013
can't believe what I am reading on these reviews
Dr Maddox is an excellent doctor, and very competent and caring. Unfortunately when a woman experiences an early miscarriage, there very often is no treatment , and every one has fibroids! stop reading web MD!

November 1st, 2011
horrible experience
I had pelvic pain and Dr. Maddox ordered an ultrasound. The Ultrasound found 2 fibroids (one 2 inch in diameter, one about i inch in diameter). I knew this as the ultra-sound technician went and fetched the radiologist to take a closer look. The radiologist told me about the fibroids. Then Dr. Maddox called and said that there was nothing found on the ultra-sound except a benign ovarian cyst. When I called back, he corrected himself and was rather rude. The following week I had pelvic pain, fever, and bleeding and I went back to him as I did not know where else to go. He was rude to say the least (obviously did not get over my correcting him) and essentially told me that he does not know why I am having the fever, recommended a hysterectomy, and then sent me on my way. I am obviously going to go some-where else.