Dr. John Mahon MD Patient Reviews

3.4
  • 9 reviews

September 19th, 2016
Niles, Mi
I have had Dr. MAHON help me with different issues, starting with carpal tunnel and following with surgery due to an injury years later. Recently I broke a bone in my wrist and although it was not a serious break Dr. MAHON treated me with professional, comfortable, and friendliness that put me at ease. I would recommend him 100% and in addition his employees are all very friendly and helpful.

June 25th, 2016
Horrible experience
Very upset that I go in every time spend $40 and see the doctor for not even two minutes!! Had wrist surgery and still have wrist pain. They should have fixed what was thought to be wrong in first place and now I may have to spend thousands of dollars again for someone else's decision. They didn't even seem to be bothered by this. The receptionist seem to be very unprofessional and were rude to me when asking about pricing and what was even wrong since I didn't have anytime with the dr. Very very upset and will be having a consultation with dr Richard mcclain to get second opinion feel like I've been giving the run around.

January 27th, 2016
No Way!
Office staff is very rude. They insisted that we pay a portion of the visit, BEFORE seeing the Dr. We have insurance through Anthem and told them that our deductible has been met, so the visit should be covered 100%. They didnt believe me. I had Anthem call Dr. Mahon's office and tell them that the visit would be covered 100%, and they still told Anthem that they didn't believe them. They told me that if insurance paid the bill, they would reimburse us. Insurance paid 100% of the bill 6 weeks ago, and still no refund. Now I'm being forced to call them and deal with these rude and inconsiderate people. It really is too bad that Dr. Mahon is great at what he does, but has a staff that pushes people away. Sorry Dr. Mahon, but there is too much competition out there. Your office staff is appalling!

March 26th, 2013
In 2012, Dr. Mahon did surgery on my right wrist. I was so pleased with the surgical outcome that I came back in 2013 and had surgery on my left wrist. The whole experience has been very positive and pleasant. The office staff is extremely courteous and helpful. Dr. Mahon's skill as a surgeon and willingness to explain things and follow-up on my progress has been very reassuring. I have and will continue to recommend Dr. Mahon.

January 26th, 2013
Treated horribly by Practice Manager
I went to Northern Indiana Hand and Wrist center hoping to find a solution to my hand pain...instead, they did a test on me that insurance didn't pay for...in fact, they did the special nerve test and didn't even inform me that insurance might not pay for it so that I could make and informed decision, and at least call my insurance prior to agreeing. When I called to talk to the practice manager, she treated me like dirt for questioning the fee. They decreased the charge, but I didn't have the choice as to whether I would pay for it, I was simply give the nerve test and then billed. The crazy thing is, after I refused to pay for the reduced charge, they sent me a registered letter informing me that they would no longer see me as a patient! In my case, the practice manager acted more like a bully than someone looking after my best interest. There is too much competition in the area to deal with a place that, at least in my situation, put themselves first and my care as a patient last.

October 18th, 2012
Nice visit
Nice practice. Everyone was smiling.

September 18th, 2012
Nice
Friendly staff. Nice doctor. No wait time.

August 11th, 2012
This was by far my best experience with any facility. The wait is so short, you don't have enough time to flip a few pages of a magazine. The staff is seems happy and very helpful. Dr. Mahon spends quality time with you, making you feel as if you really matter. I feel that this staff did there best to get me scheduled in a short time for surgery, not only once, but twice. I would recommend this office to everyone.

December 8th, 2011
Pleasant Experience
I was able to get an appointment the same week I called, and I was happy with my appointment and its outcome.