Dr. John Main Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. John Main?

May 12th, 2017

Already has changed what was said during apt. Wants to inject and do surgery.

June 29th, 2016

Not seen within an hour and a half from designated appointment time

I cancelled my referral to this doctor as indications were he was overbooked and patients appointments were not kept on schedule.

June 8th, 2016

I haven't had a follow-up and he hasn't sent my analysis to my PCP.

June 7th, 2016

Was very happy with my overall results, his staff was friendly and courteous only concern was post surgery and will have to see following follow up appt.

October 7th, 2015

Had neck surgery and will be going back to him again this month for back surgery. I feel really confident with Dr Main

January 26th, 2015

Better than most

I have had issues with my back and neck for years, I have not been listened to by other surgeons. Dr. Main and his nurse as well as the rest of the staff have been more than nice I feel much better and are able to go through my life with very little pain and not even on a daily basis. The office staff become your friends! this is why I like the office. I have ben there when I had to wait an hour and also got in in 20 min or less... they are worth the wait.

November 3rd, 2014

This Doctor Is Way Too Busy

I saw Dr. Main because he was the only neurosurgeon that was covered by my insurance. You can spend hours waiting in his waiting room and just as long when you get in the exam room. He is a brilliant man, but way too busy and his bedside manner and follow up is lacking. The outcome of my surgery was below par. I know I made a mistake being a patient of Dr. Main, but he was my only option.

September 20th, 2014

patient

This office was the best I have been to I did have a wait but it was well worth it! the staff was friendly the nurse was kind and even hugged me. The doctor explained everything in detail then the nurse came back in explained it again. I was also explained the procedure again the morning of my surgery. His nurse from the office was also there to tell me about my post operative care. What a plus this dr's office is I wish there were more like this.

September 11th, 2012

good enough overall

My surgery went well although the hospital never gave me an ice pack and denied me pain medication for the last hour due to a lazy floor nurse. This was at hillcrest btw. The staff seems to need micro management for setting up post op scans. there was no per-surgery packet sent and I had to call 3 days before my surgery to request one and to even find out what hospital I would be at. The staff needs training but the surgeon is very competent.

August 9th, 2012

Great Doctor. Poor staff.

Dr. Main is an incredible doctor and seems to care about his patients. I am very unpleased with the waiting time once I signed in for my appt. Dr. Main was very descriptive on was the problems are with my situation and he was very addimint about my followup time wait. the one main problem that seems to persist is the overbooking which in turn leaves patients whom are obviously there for moderate to severe spinal problems. After a three hour wait in the lobby it was asked by my wife and I on why the extremely long waits instead of utilizing time management and giving the patients a call to notify them that they were several hours behind. When ask by the head nurse about these problems we were given a very rude and unprofessional answer. This is not good practice especially when a majority of the patients are there on extreme pain looking for.answers or ways that can throttle back the pain to a.very manageable state. Overall, great doctor but poor lead staff.

March 6th, 2012

Awesome doctor

Great doctor, great overall. My surgery was good and recovery time less than 2 weeks.

December 6th, 2011

My experience with Dr. Main was great. He was careful to explain everything in detail, and if I didn't understand, he made sure I did! His office staff has been very helpful and friendly, and in subsequent follow up appointments (done yearly because of the type spinal tumor I had), he has been just as caring as before. I have nothing but good things to say about him!