inactive

• Good
  • Bad

July 18th, 2014
Patient!
I was referred by my neurosurgeon to Dr. Maltese for an EMG before my Laminectomy surgery. Dr. Maltese, is a great physician and great sense of humor and bedside manners. I was in and out with the EMG in 15 minutes. He is a well known and top shelf Physiatrist and I highly recommend him.

February 16th, 2012
Unable to get an appointment due to laziness of the staff
My terrific orthopedic doctor wanted me to have an EMG by Maltese. I called asking for an appointment and the front desk lady named Kathy asked for a "open letter" from my auto insurance company to bring to the appointment. My auto insurance company doesn't have such a letter and I let her know that other offices will just call to verify benefits. She said if she had to make phone calls she wouldn't have time to take any calls from anyone. Also said that auto insurance patients have been turned away because they didn't have the letter in their hand the day of the appointment. I wanted to go were my orthopedic doctor trusted for the EMG results but due to the laziness and incompetance of this staff, specifically Kathy I called another doctor and got swift same day service without such a letter! It was their loss. As patients we have rights to chose our doctors and one's that have unco-operative staff won't ever see me walk through their doors!

May 14th, 2011
great ortho doc
Have been a patient of this Doctor for a few years now and he has been a great help.And he always returns my calls promptly and many times saves me the time and expense of having to make an actual appointment.

August 16th, 2010
Look somewhere else...
My general doctor recommended him. And still does, but I wouldn't.Did not like this doctor... seemed okay at first, but never prescribed meds for back & leg pain (had bulging disk). I had to ask for it after starting physical therapy. I was in such pain...Then saw him later, bedside manner was short and unsweet. Later, after urging by PT and friends to ask for anti-inflammatory drug, he called back and lit into me about it. Uncalled for and stressed me out even more. He did get a med for me, but why should I have to argue about it?I'm switching to someone younger in the office group. good luck.

January 22nd, 2009
Didn't know what he was talking about; acted like he'd discovered something (a condition that I knew I did NOT have) and went off on a tangent saying he was SURE I had this (later proven by others that I did NOT have this condition) and that was the end of the conversation as far as he was concerned. I never returned to his office. He's unapproachable.

January 4th, 2017