Dr. John Marcus MD Patient Reviews

• Obstetrics and Gynecology Ridgewood, NJ

January 10th, 2017
Smart but condescending
Disregards the fact that I know my body better than he does. Condescending tone and awful bedside manner. Staff is nice, hence the 2 stars for them!

January 23rd, 2016
So caring!
Dr. Marcus Is so understanding and kind. I've been through a bad year and he's been with me every step of the way through pregnancy, loss, and surgery. He really takes the time to listen and respond to emails promptly when you need help.

January 5th, 2016
Dr. John Marcus is wonderful. Patient, Kind and Understanding. His staff is amazing, friendly and so accommodating.

March 17th, 2015
Excellent OB/Gyn
I have been going to Dr. Marcus for many years now. He delivered both of my children. He is an excellent doctor and I cannot say enough good things about him. He is compassionate and he really cares about his patients and their outcomes now matter what their situation may be. I've had both happy and sad medical issues with him and he was excellent in both situations. He really listens and gives you the time to really understand everything if you need more than just a simple well woman check up. I highly highly recommend Dr. Marcus. I would also like to add that his office staff is also excellent and friendly.. a great pleasure to deal with.

April 2nd, 2013
Can't Teach Bedside Manner
Worst experience I have ever had with a doctor. He was the on call doctor at Valley Hospital when I was admitted. After answering all of his questions honestly, he told me not to lie to him repeatedly and then went on to ask "are you into the boys or the girls?" The next day we had a discussion about birth control and discussed a certain brand that I wanted to avoid due to the many side effects. He agreed, but came back the next day with the exact brand I had told him I didn't want to use. When I brought this up his response was "Try not to get clots."

November 10th, 2012
favorite doctor
Dr. Marcus has delivered my 3 children, I trust him fully. He is very conservative and safe. He has a great bedside manor. Spends a lot of time with you, cares about you. I have had some female problems and he has rectified them successfully. I recommend Dr. M to anyone looking for an OB or gyno...! Oh, I didn't mention he is extremely gental and kind : )

September 19th, 2012
The way it should be.....
This is the way it should be; with a caring Doctor, staff that knows your name, a real person who answers the phone and excellent medical care from a physician not an assistant.

September 28th, 2011
Dr Marcus is great! Highly recommended- He cared for me through 2 miscarriages after my first birth and diagnosed me with endometrial polyps. After 2 successful surgeries for my condition I was able to conceive and now I have another beautiful baby girl! He is caring and compassionate and funny- A must in this line of work!!!

February 17th, 2011
Thank God for Dr. Marcus!
I could go on and on for hours about how great Dr. Marcus is, I have never met a doctor before with such a wide variety of knowledge, patience, and genuine caring for his patients both the ones born and unborn. No matter if it was a scheduled visit or a hysterical 2am phone call he was always there!! He delivered my perfect baby girl by a flawless c-section and left me with a scar that can barely be seen! I think I've sent more then 10 friends and family to his practice. If you want a caring and excellent doctor he's definitely the one!