Dr. John Marta Is this you?

4.8

Have you seen Dr. John Marta?

THE BEST

Posted on November 11th, 2015

One of the most kind and attentive doctors I have ever had and anyone dealing with a lot of pain has likely seen multiple physicians. I would not hesitate to recommend him.

OT approved!

Posted on September 8th, 2013

I worked in the field of Occupational Therapy for many years. Working with physicians, and treating patients for pain, decreased function, and disease, illness, or injury related dysfunction. I had one epidural shot in my back before, and felt it was a positive experience. After reinjuring my back, I was refrred to Dr. Marta. At first I was ill at ease, but after talking with my husband who has neuro- specialty training, it reaffirmed what I really already knew to be true. My daughter went with me, and we were both put at ease from the moment we arrived. The staff at the hospital were awesome, making sure I headed the right direction. I missed one turn, but there was a caring staff member passing by that obviously knew we were unsure where to find that last turn. We signed in, helped out a cantankerous lock situation, sat down for about one minute, and were called to my appointment. Mary, the RN who was taking care of me stayed as a guide the whole time, so i was not getting shuffled between care providers. Very comforting! Dr. Marta came in and was comfortable to talk with, educating, funny, and with a great bedside manner, was incredibly professional! I only know two doctors that I feel are as competent! My husband, and the OB/GYN that delivered my son! This is the highest praise that could be given to a physician who I've seen only one time, who did an awesome job for me, and put my mind at ease! What good fortune to meet someone this excellent in his field of work, especially when it was on me! This is not a double thumbs up I give lightly being in my field, and knowing what good health care should be!

Made a 24 hr day into a 25 hr day to help me!!

Posted on February 29th, 2012

Im a chronic pain pt. under the care of Dr. John Tyler JR. but in 2009, I had my 2nd "Spontanious spinal fluid leak" (Something basically un-heard of). The result is that when you stand or sit up, your brain has NO FLUID to float in & basically hangs by nerve endings & blood vessels that tend to break resulting in a stroke or bleeding in the brain, I also had several episodes of passing out (the final 1 caused me to fall down a flight of stairs, break both legs & 1 arm). The ONLY time the pain stops is when you lay FLAT ON YOUR BACK, which I did for over 11 months as "Specialty treating physicians" (that's a joke) threw their hand in the air & said we don't know what to do!! As a trained medical specialist myself & as someone who had been through this before, I knew EXACTLY what to do, I just needed to find a Dr. to do it..... Dr. Marta to the rescue!!! When he heard about my case, he told me that his surgical schedule was full, but that he was going to make a miracle & turn a 24 Hr. day into a 25 Hr day to get me treated, & I was in surgery the very next day!! The treatment for this condition basically a blood transfusion into your spinal canal. DR. Marta EASLIY placed the spinal needle & then attempted to get blood from me to transfuse (this didn't work very well, because my chronic medical condition has left me with 0 veins, I can't even had normal labs drawn). After over 50 I.V. attempts only 4 ml's of blood had been drawn, & it was transfused into my back! Unfortunatly, the 4 ml's was NOT enough, but Dr. Marta called me that night & the next mornig to check on me, & re-scheduled me for a 2nd proceedure the next week!! The 2nd attemp went GREAT, I had a central I.V placed under my collar bone, & had the blood drawn 1st, was then put onmy side & had the spinal needle placed (AGAIN VERY EASILY) & that transfusion sucessfully stopped the spinal fluid leak, & ended almost 10 months of suffering. I'v now be refered to him again, & I KNOW I will be heard, & will receive GREAT care!! Thanks DR. Marta!! I know you have plans on retirement, but I hope it not too soon!! GOD BLESS!!

Posted on July 3rd, 2010

Dr. Marta was very thorough with his examination and explainations.I had great confidence in his ability and caring of me. Was able to get an appointment promptly. Would recommend to any one with pain .

GREATEST DOCTOR FOR PAIN MANAGEMENT

Posted on March 4th, 2009

Dr. Marta expertise ended the excruciating pain I was having in my neck after months of physical therapy that didn't work. He is kind and caring. He answers his own messages, sets his own appointments, and is willing to be there for you in general as well as for pain issues. If you want the best of the best doctors to help you with alleviating your pain, Dr. Marta is who you want to see.

Posted on December 9th, 2014