Dr. John Matocha Is this you?

2.9

Neutral

Have you seen Dr. John Matocha?

Posted on November 2nd, 2017

I have been a patient of Dr Matocha for 16 years and find him to be very knowledgeable and up to date on all aspects of a family practitioner. He is very thorough and aggressive in the practice of preventive medicine. His office runs very smoothly! Mackey Ervin

Caring and Thorough Doctor

Posted on May 5th, 2017

Dr. John Matocha is very caring, has a wonderful bedside manor, listened carefully to what I had to say and my symptoms, and was concerned about every aspect of my health. He's one of the best doctors I have ever been to. The facilities as beautiful and look over the woods which provides for a peaceful and comfortable setting. I felt like I was taking a walk in the woods during my stress test! I highly recommend Dr. Matocha.

Posted on June 28th, 2015

If the capability to give 0 stars was available I would give him 0 stars. All this doctor cares about is physicals. His physical starts and ends the same way every year at least for the past 8 years. If you have a question about a lab result or anything he will not call you back. Only way to speak to him is with a physical appointment. The staff is continuously changing so there is no continuity of care. Horrible practice. Just horrible.

Posted on March 20th, 2015

Patient of Dr. Matocha for 30 years he is the best

DO NOT GO

Posted on December 18th, 2013

My family and I have been going to this doctor and his PA's for a while and no longer want his services. The doctors (PA's) are never consistent on patient treatment. I've had to go back in on several occasions because the materials and equipment they were using to run tests on you were expired/old. You will wait more than a month to get a test result back from them (if you can get back in contact with them). You will wait in the waiting room for 15 minutes and then more than 30 minutes on several occasions in the consult rooms wasting my time for a 5 minute session with the doctor or PA. I have gone in several times with the same allergy symptoms and it seems like they are treating me for the first time, all they will tell you is to do a Neti pot and some sort of over the counter medicine (I think they just roll a dice on which medicine to take and don’t take). They will not tell you if they do not have the immunization shot you need before you come in (another waste of time and money). Double billed multiple times. Their staff does not have a very good bedside manor (not all but most). You never see the same PA twice; maybe they have a large employee turnover. All summed up, just don’t go, stay away.

Excellent doctor, very caring

Posted on February 15th, 2013

I just visited Dr. Matocha for the first time. What a great doctor! He's the first doctor in a very long time who talked to me, LISTENED to me, and asked lots of questions. It is also the first physical I've ever had that included a treadmill stress test. I saw another doctor last week, and the contrast couldn't be more severe. I have finally found a new primary care physician. I saw a few negative comments on the doctor's staff, but that wasn't my experience at all. Everyone was very pleasant.

PRN and related staff is horrible

Posted on June 12th, 2012

Great Doctor terrible staff. Had to fire him as my Doctor because his staf was a bunch of idiots!

Posted on January 24th, 2012

Good service

Seems like a good doctor but the office staff ruined it

Posted on February 22nd, 2011

First, could'nt get a hold of the person to make an appointment over the phone, she only responded through email with very poor manner (just copy and paste of standard email, not responding to my specific question). Arrived through a weird area, creepy old building, and the guy at front desk didn't even greet or look at me. Doctor was okay, although I had to wait a long time to speak with him, he did a thourough exam. Check out was a nightmare. The lady was rude, didn't know details of the procedure, tried to claim everything as 'it's Dr. Matocha's policy'. Talked to other staff for the bill, but came out more confused. Too bad that the doctor seemed nice and knowlegeable, but the office staff made me decide never to go back.

BEST DOCTOR AROUND!

Posted on December 20th, 2010

There is no better doctor in the Houston area! Dr. Matocha knows what he's doing! His staff is awesome, his facility is clean, and overall it is a pleasure to go to his office! Actually, I look forward to it because Dr. Matocha always asks about my family and that is rare my friends. All of you who are giving Dr. Matocha anything less than 5 stars you are wrong and you know it. Maybe you are just an annoying patient and don't take his recommendations. And.. I'm pretty sure Dr. Matocha did not "alienate" your family sir. And LACK OF INTEREST? Good try. You must not have been listening. Did you not get the medication you wanted? Is that the underlying issue? Dr. Matocha does not just hand out drugs like candy. That's why he is a respected doctor and always will be. Good luck finding another doctor!

Excellent Doctor

Posted on September 15th, 2010

I have gone to Dr. Matocha for the past three years. He has a great staff--very caring and careful. He encourages a proactive approach to medical care, which I find refreshing.

Posted on April 25th, 2010

Overall, my visits with Dr. Matocha have been 100% up to par with my expectaions. His staff is courteous and professional and accomodating. Dr. Matocha himself, is one of the few drs. in the Houston area that spend enough time diagnosing the problem and consisitently follows up with his patients. He is a very kind man and makes me as well as other patients feel right at home and gives us the service and attention we deserve. I highly reccommend this doctor to anyone in need of a family practitioner/ear, nose and throat specialist in the Houston area.