A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. John Mays:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
The overall average patient rating of Dr. John Mays is Average.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Prepare before visiting Dr. Mays
Metastatic Melanoma Patient Education Learn all about metastatic melanoma symptoms and treatments by reading Vitals patient education guide.Before Visiting Dr. Mays Learn More
Specialties & Research
Dr. John Mays, MD is board certified in Orthopaedic Surgery.
- He has special expertise in 4 areas:
- Hip Osteoarthritis
- Knee Osteoarthritis
- Osteoarthritis (Hand and Wrist)
- Sports Medicine
Education & Awards
Dr. Mays graduated from University of Alabama at Birmingham.
Dr. Mays has 21 hospital affiliations:
- Willis Knighton Medical Center
- Springhill Medical Center
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Dr. John Thomas Mays MD is a male Orthopaedic Surgeon, has 18 years of experience and practices in Orthopaedic Surgery.
- Where does Dr. John T. Mays practice?
- Dr. John Mays has 3 office locations.
Dr. John Mays practices Orthopaedic Surgery near Shreveport, LA.
Additional practice locations include: Bossier City, LA.
See Shreveport Surgeons.