Dr. John Mccallum MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

August 9th, 2016
Seemed pleasant but definately liked himself. Came to us with mixed reviews but still recommended. Our problem ended up being a surgery needed that was beyond his realm-and he seemed unable to just admit that. Ended up we had to go to another doctor who fixed things as best they could- in yet a second surgery. Dr MCCALLUM dismisses things as noted in previous reviews on here; and he doesn't seek other opinions and or respect his own limitations. A second operation was not fun or necessary;and if he only listened...

September 7th, 2015
Horrible experience
Stay, stay, stay away from Dr. McCallum and CT Orthpedaic Surgeons! Horrible experience. Office staff are uncaring and incompetent. Saw him once in 2 years. Failed to order my injections at year end resulting in a $2000 plus cost to me. Meeting with him was fruitless as he refused to take responsibility. Office environment is like a cattle pen. Avoid him and this practice at all costs.

March 9th, 2015
It's nothing personal
He may be a good surgeon (the jury is still out in my case) but he has no bedside manner and never showed any personal interest in my case. After my operation he never actually looked at my knee. Follow-up visits were perfunctory and generally dismissive when it came to complaints about pain.

February 12th, 2015
Adequate care. Poor office staff
Terrible office staff. Failed to order my medication in a timely manner. Cost me $2000.

June 20th, 2014
Was condescending, rude and unprofessional gave a complete misdiagnose. The office staff and medical assistant were twice as bad and acted as though you were a complete bother to them. I would never recommend dr mccallum or trust him to do surgery on me.

October 26th, 2012
I had knee replacement surgery. Dr McCallum knows his stuff. He has perfected the meds he gives and in home PT. I am happy to say, he has changed my life. I am doing things in my 60's that I was never able to do in my 50's. I went back to work in 10 weeks with no limp...the first time in 10 yrs. His support team, Sue, Kathy and Joan are wonderful. I recommend him to anyone who asks about my knee.

August 17th, 2012
Best Ortho Doctor Around Here
Dr. McCallum is the best Dr. around here. He always spends a lot of time with his patients. He never rushes you out of his office. He has changed my life forever. I recommend him to anyone needing hip or knee surgery; and Joan, his secretary is a real gem. I don't know what the complaints are about.

January 23rd, 2012
What a waste of my time. He was abrupt,cut me off, and basically dismissed me. He also lied because he said he would send a note to my referring physician to refer me to another specialist. It's been a week and he has not done so and I'm still waiting for the referral. I do NOT recommend this doctor. Find another group.

December 10th, 2010
Operation
The Dr. was very personnable,gave me all the right info and is a wonderful Dra true credit to his profession.