A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. John McCann:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
The overall average patient rating of Dr. John McCann, Ophthalmologist, Plastic Surgeon is Excellent.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Prepare before visiting Dr. McCann
Diabetic Macular Edema Read all about Diabetic Macular Edema by visiting our Vitals patient education guides.Before Visiting Dr. McCann Learn More
Specialties & Research
Dr. John McCann, MD, PHD is board certified in Ophthalmology.
- He has special expertise in 14 areas:
- Eye Cancer
- Eye Movement Disorders (Ocular Motility)
- Eye Surgery (Ophthalmologic Surgical Procedures)
- Eyelid Diseases
- Eyelid surgery (Blepharoplasty)
- Facelift (Rhytidoplasty)
- Graves Disease (Thyroid Eye Disease)
- Graves Ophthalmopathy
- Optic Nerve Diseases
- Orbital Diseases
- Plastic Surgery (Cosmetic & Reconstructive Surgery)
- Skin Care
Education & Awards
Dr. McCann graduated from University of Iowa, Iowa City. He has 8 awards.
Dr. McCann has 6 hospital affiliations:
- UCLA Medical Center
- Latter-Day Saints Hospital
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Dr. John D McCann MD and PHD is a male Ophthalmologist, has 21 years of experience and practices in Ophthalmology.
- Where does Dr. John D. McCann practice?
- Dr. John McCann has 1 office location.
Dr. John McCann practices Ophthalmology near Salt Lake City, UT.
See Salt Lake City Ophthalmologists.