Dr. John McCann, MD
Ophthalmologist, Plastic Surgeon
Video profile

Some ratings provided by DrScore.
Sep 25th, 2015

He is the very best!!!! I am so happy with the results of my eyelid surgery. It's so nice to see my big brown eyes. Thank you Dr. McCann and Staff!!!

Aug 28th, 2015

Dr McCann did the repair after I had MOHs procedure done to remove cancer near my eye. He did an incredible job and at 3 1/2 months out, you can hardly even tell that I had surgery. I would highly recommend him and I will definately go back to him in the future if the situation arrises.

ONLY THE VERY BEST DR. FOR ME show details ONLY THE VERY BEST DR. FOR ME
by BEVERLEY MMARMOR on Jul 11th, 2015

WHEN HE WAS HERE LOS ANGELES, FOR ME, HE IS ONE OF THE FINEST DR.S I HAVE EVER HAD!! I MISS HIM VERY MUCH. THE FACIAL PAIN I HAVE WITH FIBROMIALGA AND BAD MIGRAINES, HE WAS THE BEST HELP, VERY CARING AND REALLY LISTENED. HOW I WISH HE WERE HERE AGAIN. I HAVE NOT FOUND A DR. WHO IS FOR ME, AS GOOD AS DR. McCANN

by Carrie Barker on Mar 25th, 2015

I had a droopy eyelid and he fixed it to perfection.

by Gerrilyn Hooton on Feb 25th, 2015

Friendly, professional. I felt like I was in good hands and I was. He did an exceptional job. His staff is courteous and very helpful. They treat you like you are a friend.

Feb 2nd, 2015

Amazing Doctor and staff. Wonderful experience. I have not felt so good!

Happy with over all outcome show details Happy with over all outcome
by Ali T. on Feb 12th, 2014

Glad I chose Dr. McCann he is very experienced & did a great job on my Upper & lower bleph!

by Kathie B. on Dec 27th, 2013

Dr.McCann did my eyelid surgery and I couldn't be more pleased with the results. Relatives and friends who have also had this done have not had the same level of results that I have had. Yes, it drove me nuts to not be able to drive, watch TV, use the internet, or my favorite read for a week, but now I can see it was so worth all the withdrawal. Dr. McCann is patient and answered all of my questions. He took the time I needed to be comfortable and understand what was needed and the time it would take to completely heal. I would recommend Dr. McCann to anyone needing facial surgery.

The skill of Dr. McCann show details The skill of Dr. McCann
by Wayne Killpack on Oct 16th, 2013

Rembrandt van Ryn guided his brush skillfully to create the magnificent portraits of his day. So it is with Dr. McCann who guides his tools very skillfully to create and renew people's facial expressions. His work is outstanding to say the least. I would recommend Dr. McCann to anyone .

retired 59 year old show details retired 59 year old
by joan morris on Jun 14th, 2013

I WOULD DO THIS AGAIN! THE HEALING TAKES 3 WEEKS, BUT IT IS SOMETHING YOU ARE PREPARED FOR AND EACH DAY GETS BETTER AND BETTER.

Retired show details Retired
by John K. Cluff on May 29th, 2013

The best part of the procedure was getting to know Dr. Mccann. He is very professional and very personal. I gained complete trust in him and all he did for me. He has a professional staff that is dedicated to take care of the patient. Even the "Get-well" card was a surprise to receive. I loved the video instructions and all of the emails I received from the staff. Thank you for making surgery on my face an acceptable experience.

by Sharron Maras on Feb 28th, 2013

The surgery was comfortable. The people were great and very knowledgeable. I was very grateful for my new look in the mirror. And improved my eye sight.

Eyelid Surgery and Brow Lift show details Eyelid Surgery and Brow Lift
by Joan on Feb 21st, 2013

My eye doctor recommended that I see Dr. McCann because sagging skin around my eyes was affecting my peripheral vision. Dr. McCann explained thoroughly what I needed to have done. With some hesitation, I opted to have the eyelid surgery and brow lift. I am very pleased with the results. After I went back to work, three people I did not know made the comment, "You have the most beautiful eyes." I am 75 years old and no one believes I am that old. I am glad I put my trust in Dr. McCann

THANK YOU! show details THANK YOU!
by Marilyn J on Feb 19th, 2013

If the eyes are the window to the soul, my "windows" had curtains on them for many years! I was tired of people telling me how tired I looked. A sincere thanks to Dr. John McCann for sharing his knowledge and expertise on my behalf. Dr. McCann sincerely listened and addressed all my concerns. His superb skill and commitment to excellence literally opened my eyes to reflect my true self. Now my enthusiasm and zest for life naturally shines through my eyes and refreshed face. The procedures performed by Dr. McCann have made a significant difference in my life, both in my outward appearance, and in my inward confidence and poise. I will be forever grateful to Dr. McCann and the entire staff at The Center for Facial Appearances for the delightful, attentive, professional manner to which they approach their work. Thank you!

Graves Eye Disease show details Graves Eye Disease
by Katharine W. on Feb 11th, 2013

I had severe double vision, & was in danger of losing eyesight in 1 eye. Dr. McCann fit me into his schedule on short notice, & was very straightforward about the condition, surgeries, & healing. He was VERY knowledgeable about my problem. I have recommended him to a friend, & I would definately return to his care, if necessary

by Sara B. on Feb 5th, 2013

I saw Dr. McCann for some problems I was having with my vision. He was through and patient. He spent time to get a diagnosis and I have not had problems since. I had been to another ophthalmologist in another state and Dr. mcCanns office was much more professional and caring. I have been back to receive Botox treatments and have been very satisfied with the results.

Eye problems due to Graves' Disease show details Eye problems due to Graves' Disease
by Shirley M on Feb 4th, 2013

I look better now than before I developed Graves' Disease! The disease left me with eyes that looked like they were popping out of their sockets, bulging eyelids and dry eyes. Being of Japanese heritage, I looked really strange since my eyes were only slits! When Dr. McCann did the surgery, he designed eyes that allowed eyelashes to be visible, created more symmetry, made the eyes appear to be set back in the sockets, and fixed the bulging eyelids. There are so many complications from Graves' Disease. A new one seemed to appear each month! Dr. McCann came up with a fix for each one. He didn't back down from any challenge until each new problem was fixed. For the first time in my life, people told me how pretty I looked. It felt amazing! His knowledge, skill, creativity, and persistence were gifts he gave in dealing with my eye disease. I can't thank him enough!!

Nov 2nd, 2012

Told to expect one thing and when it didn't happen denied saying it. He became rude and insulting when I was not happy with results. I felt like he tried to insult me to get me out so he would not have to admit the results were not what he said they would be. I am very unhappy wit this dr and would never recommend him

Wish I had never met Dr. McCann show details Wish I had never met Dr. McCann
Jul 7th, 2012

I became Dr. McCann's patient around 2001-2002, and soon after that he started talking to me about having him operate on my eyes. I loved my eyes and they were my best feature. I wouldnt want any change on them so I turned him down. Since then every time I came to his office, he would bring up the topic again. I was a nave girl from China, and trusted a friendly nice Caucasian doctor. It didn't cross my mind that he recommended the surgery more for himself than for me. After 4-5 years of repeatedly talking to me, he managed to change my mind. The blepharoplasty surgery to my upper & lower eyelids was done in early 2008 and I lost my beautiful eyes ever since. Despite all the pre-surgical promise, and all the boasting about himself, Dr. McCann didn't study my eyes and didn't carefully prepare for the surgery. It turned out his understanding about Asian eyes was very limited and he was extremely sloppy. He didnt know there is a huge diversity among Asian eyes; He didnt know Asian eyes tend to lose fat at an earlier age compared to that of Caucasians and therefore fat preservation is crucial to Asian eyelid surgery; He didnt understand the huge difference between my eyes and the stereotype Asian eyes he had in his mind. Multiple major mistakes were conducted as a result.1) The incision was at a wrong place. I had a natural high crease that was incredibly delicate and beautiful for Asian eyes. But he thought Asian creases should be much narrower than Caucasians so he cut a portion of my natural crease away. After the surgery my eyes couldn't fold at the incision and a new crease 5-6mm above the incision was naturally formed. The deep, dark reddish incision was sitting right in the middle of my crease for four years! The scars were so deep that four years of time has not been able to fade them at all. 2) Instead of putting fat in, he took all the fat out. After the surgery, my upper lids had only a layer of skin left, the severe wrinkles on the lids made my eyes look 30 years older than the rest of my face. 3) He mis-aligned the entire incision at the suture, including skin and layers of muscle underneath. The mis-alignment caused the shape & size difference between my two eyes, and my left eye shape was severely distorted. The mis-alignment also caused one direction wrinkles on both upper & lower lids, a bulging profile and an ugly new lower bag.Before the surgery, my eyes & the rest of my face were in a harmony. After the surgery my crease became so close to the eyebrows and so wide it changed my sweet face into a scary horrified look. Before the surgery, men loved my look; after the surgery, numerous men had told me they were not attracted to me. The misery Dr. McCann brought into my life was non-measurable. Every time I look into the mirror, it would cause me unbearable pain and hopelessness. It affected my sleep, my job performance, my dating, and my self-esteem. The worst? So much went wrong in his surgery that even the best doctors in the country couldnt bring my eyes back! We all make mistakes. It is how one responds to his own mistakes that speaks volumes about his character. Dr. McCann never apologized. Never admitted any wrongdoing on his part. Never refunded my payment. Never called or contacted me to show his care after realizing he did a poor job. On top of all these he knowingly lied, and denied having mis-aligned my eyes at the suture.