John D Mccann, MD, PHD
9350 South 150 East
Suite 400
Sandy, UT 84070
(801) 997-9999
Locations and availability (3)

Some ratings provided by CitySearch.
by Lois L on May 23rd, 2014

I would like to at this time personally thank Dr. McCann and his great staff for helping me get through a very rough time. I went to another doctor and had surgery to remove the bags from my lower lids , during the surgery I lost the muscle that controlled the lower left eye lid and part of the lower right eye lid. The other doctor told me he was unable to fix this problem and suggested Dr. McCann. I called to make an appointment and I got right in to see him. By this time, I thought my life was over; my lower lids would be hanging down forever. Until you experience this or something like this, you possibly cannot feel how close to over the edge I was. The first surgery was the first of December 2013, and surgery with Dr. McCann was the first of January 2014. Dr. McCann counseled me on what he could do; I gained great trust with him to fix my problem. Before surgery, they came to see how I was doing and told me what to expect. I was very lucky that the mesh worked and they did not need to do a skin graph. The surgery went exceptionally well and my lower lids look like they did before. Needless to say, I found out that your eyes are one of the most important parts you will ever have, and that I still and always will wear glasses. Again, I want to thank Dr. McCann and his great staff for the professional way they took care of me. I would recommend to anyone who wants to look as young on the outside as they feel on the inside to go to Dr. McCann and not risk the complications that I did.

|  Dr. McCann  |  show details
by Rod on May 8th, 2014

I had upper eye lid surgery performed by Dr. McCann on February 20th, 2014, and "graduated" from the program on April 29th. My experience with Dr. McCann was outstanding, and not only is he a skilled surgeon, but a compasionate person who is concerned about his patients well being. Dr. McCann's staff is well trained and helpful in answering any and all questions.

|  Happy with over all outcome  |  show details
by Ali T. on Feb 12th, 2014

Glad I chose Dr. McCann he is very experienced & did a great job on my Upper & lower bleph!

by Kathie B. on Dec 27th, 2013

Dr.McCann did my eyelid surgery and I couldn't be more pleased with the results. Relatives and friends who have also had this done have not had the same level of results that I have had. Yes, it drove me nuts to not be able to drive, watch TV, use the internet, or my favorite read for a week, but now I can see it was so worth all the withdrawal. Dr. McCann is patient and answered all of my questions. He took the time I needed to be comfortable and understand what was needed and the time it would take to completely heal. I would recommend Dr. McCann to anyone needing facial surgery.

|  The skill of Dr. McCann  |  show details
by Wayne Killpack on Oct 16th, 2013

Rembrandt van Ryn guided his brush skillfully to create the magnificent portraits of his day. So it is with Dr. McCann who guides his tools very skillfully to create and renew people's facial expressions. His work is outstanding to say the least. I would recommend Dr. McCann to anyone .

|  Patient Review  |  show details
Jun 29th, 2013

I want to thank you and your staff for the excellent procedures taken to improve my quality of life. I don't feel so tired and my sight of vision has greatly improved. My wife and family are very pleased with the outcome. Thank you again, Sincerely, Eugene Hiromasa

|  retired 59 year old  |  show details
by joan morris on Jun 14th, 2013

I WOULD DO THIS AGAIN! THE HEALING TAKES 3 WEEKS, BUT IT IS SOMETHING YOU ARE PREPARED FOR AND EACH DAY GETS BETTER AND BETTER.

|  Retired  |  show details
by John K. Cluff on May 29th, 2013

The best part of the procedure was getting to know Dr. Mccann. He is very professional and very personal. I gained complete trust in him and all he did for me. He has a professional staff that is dedicated to take care of the patient. Even the "Get-well" card was a surprise to receive. I loved the video instructions and all of the emails I received from the staff. Thank you for making surgery on my face an acceptable experience.

by Sharron Maras on Feb 28th, 2013

The surgery was comfortable. The people were great and very knowledgeable. I was very grateful for my new look in the mirror. And improved my eye sight.

|  Eyelid Surgery and Brow Lift  |  show details
by Joan on Feb 21st, 2013

My eye doctor recommended that I see Dr. McCann because sagging skin around my eyes was affecting my peripheral vision. Dr. McCann explained thoroughly what I needed to have done. With some hesitation, I opted to have the eyelid surgery and brow lift. I am very pleased with the results. After I went back to work, three people I did not know made the comment, "You have the most beautiful eyes." I am 75 years old and no one believes I am that old. I am glad I put my trust in Dr. McCann

|  THANK YOU!  |  show details
by Marilyn J on Feb 19th, 2013

If the eyes are the window to the soul, my "windows" had curtains on them for many years! I was tired of people telling me how tired I looked. A sincere thanks to Dr. John McCann for sharing his knowledge and expertise on my behalf. Dr. McCann sincerely listened and addressed all my concerns. His superb skill and commitment to excellence literally opened my eyes to reflect my true self. Now my enthusiasm and zest for life naturally shines through my eyes and refreshed face. The procedures performed by Dr. McCann have made a significant difference in my life, both in my outward appearance, and in my inward confidence and poise. I will be forever grateful to Dr. McCann and the entire staff at The Center for Facial Appearances for the delightful, attentive, professional manner to which they approach their work. Thank you!

|  Graves Eye Disease  |  show details
by Katharine W. on Feb 11th, 2013

I had severe double vision, & was in danger of losing eyesight in 1 eye. Dr. McCann fit me into his schedule on short notice, & was very straightforward about the condition, surgeries, & healing. He was VERY knowledgeable about my problem. I have recommended him to a friend, & I would definately return to his care, if necessary

|  Major eyelid surgery  |  show details
by Roger L on Feb 5th, 2013

In May of 2012, Dr McCann performed eyelid surgery on both of my eyes and did an amazingly great job. I had progressively drooping upper lids as well as bags and excess skin on the lower lids which were interfering with my vision and he was able to remove just the right amount of skin to give me a very natural look. He is a master at working with eyes. I was worried about looking like one of the Hollywood actor disasters, but he calmed those fears and backed it up with a masterful job. I would highly recommend him as a surgeon and as a genuinely nice guy.

by Sara B. on Feb 5th, 2013

I saw Dr. McCann for some problems I was having with my vision. He was through and patient. He spent time to get a diagnosis and I have not had problems since. I had been to another ophthalmologist in another state and Dr. mcCanns office was much more professional and caring. I have been back to receive Botox treatments and have been very satisfied with the results.

|  Eye problems due to Graves' Disease  |  show details
by Shirley M on Feb 4th, 2013

I look better now than before I developed Graves' Disease! The disease left me with eyes that looked like they were popping out of their sockets, bulging eyelids and dry eyes. Being of Japanese heritage, I looked really strange since my eyes were only slits! When Dr. McCann did the surgery, he designed eyes that allowed eyelashes to be visible, created more symmetry, made the eyes appear to be set back in the sockets, and fixed the bulging eyelids. There are so many complications from Graves' Disease. A new one seemed to appear each month! Dr. McCann came up with a fix for each one. He didn't back down from any challenge until each new problem was fixed. For the first time in my life, people told me how pretty I looked. It felt amazing! His knowledge, skill, creativity, and persistence were gifts he gave in dealing with my eye disease. I can't thank him enough!!

Nov 2nd, 2012

Told to expect one thing and when it didn't happen denied saying it. He became rude and insulting when I was not happy with results. I felt like he tried to insult me to get me out so he would not have to admit the results were not what he said they would be. I am very unhappy wit this dr and would never recommend him

|  Wish I had never met Dr. McCann  |  show details
Jul 7th, 2012

I became Dr. McCann's patient around 2001-2002, and soon after that he started talking to me about having him operate on my eyes. I loved my eyes and they were my best feature. I wouldnt want any change on them so I turned him down. Since then every time I came to his office, he would bring up the topic again. I was a nave girl from China, and trusted a friendly nice Caucasian doctor. It didn't cross my mind that he recommended the surgery more for himself than for me. After 4-5 years of repeatedly talking to me, he managed to change my mind. The blepharoplasty surgery to my upper & lower eyelids was done in early 2008 and I lost my beautiful eyes ever since. Despite all the pre-surgical promise, and all the boasting about himself, Dr. McCann didn't study my eyes and didn't carefully prepare for the surgery. It turned out his understanding about Asian eyes was very limited and he was extremely sloppy. He didnt know there is a huge diversity among Asian eyes; He didnt know Asian eyes tend to lose fat at an earlier age compared to that of Caucasians and therefore fat preservation is crucial to Asian eyelid surgery; He didnt understand the huge difference between my eyes and the stereotype Asian eyes he had in his mind. Multiple major mistakes were conducted as a result.1) The incision was at a wrong place. I had a natural high crease that was incredibly delicate and beautiful for Asian eyes. But he thought Asian creases should be much narrower than Caucasians so he cut a portion of my natural crease away. After the surgery my eyes couldn't fold at the incision and a new crease 5-6mm above the incision was naturally formed. The deep, dark reddish incision was sitting right in the middle of my crease for four years! The scars were so deep that four years of time has not been able to fade them at all. 2) Instead of putting fat in, he took all the fat out. After the surgery, my upper lids had only a layer of skin left, the severe wrinkles on the lids made my eyes look 30 years older than the rest of my face. 3) He mis-aligned the entire incision at the suture, including skin and layers of muscle underneath. The mis-alignment caused the shape & size difference between my two eyes, and my left eye shape was severely distorted. The mis-alignment also caused one direction wrinkles on both upper & lower lids, a bulging profile and an ugly new lower bag.Before the surgery, my eyes & the rest of my face were in a harmony. After the surgery my crease became so close to the eyebrows and so wide it changed my sweet face into a scary horrified look. Before the surgery, men loved my look; after the surgery, numerous men had told me they were not attracted to me. The misery Dr. McCann brought into my life was non-measurable. Every time I look into the mirror, it would cause me unbearable pain and hopelessness. It affected my sleep, my job performance, my dating, and my self-esteem. The worst? So much went wrong in his surgery that even the best doctors in the country couldnt bring my eyes back! We all make mistakes. It is how one responds to his own mistakes that speaks volumes about his character. Dr. McCann never apologized. Never admitted any wrongdoing on his part. Never refunded my payment. Never called or contacted me to show his care after realizing he did a poor job. On top of all these he knowingly lied, and denied having mis-aligned my eyes at the suture.

|  Doesn`t listen to what the patients want!  |  show details
by UTbussinessowner at Citysearch on Oct 4th, 2011 on citysearch.com

100411 Don`t waste your time here... by UTbussinessowner at Citysearch I scheduled my first appointment with a girl who claimed to be the front office manager and surgery scheduler. She really just couldn`t give me any straight answers or even have the pride in her company to tell me that the questions I had could be answered one on one with a doctor. I gave the office the benefit of the doubt and proceeded to schedule and see Dr. McCann anyways. I should have known better from my first contact. Dr. McCann kept interupting me and bouncing his leg up and down in frustration. He was pursing his lips and kept looking at his nurse and giving her irritated looks. I was there for something I planned on paying for out of pocket... I think I will wait until I can find a doctor who actually gives off the vibe that he loves his job. What a pathetic excuse for a physician.

|  Very Grateful!!!!  |  show details
by Darlac at Citysearch on May 20th, 2011 on citysearch.com

I was so impressed with Dr. McCann and his staff. It is so refreshing to experience not only professional, but very personable and caring people. Not only was my experience at Dr. McCann`s office very pleasant, but the short stay at Salt Lake Regional Hospital was extremely remarkable. Their team work with one another was amazing. I am so grateful to have had this experience with Dr. McCann, his Staff, and Salt Lake Regional Hospital. I whole heartedly recommend Dr. McCann, he is a perfectionist, and the end result will speak for itself. I`m very grateful to have had this experience,

|  So professional!  |  show details
by 2Fiesty at Citysearch on Feb 25th, 2011 on citysearch.com

My daughter had told me that I should consider botox because I always looked so concerned. I was NOT happy to hear this from her but took the advice. After a lot of research I landed in the hands of Dr. John McCann. He took the time to go over all of the options with me and explain to me what the likely outcomes would be of each treatment. He and I decided that the botox for my wrinkled up nose and Juvederm for an old scar I had on my chin would be the best choice for me. I can not tell you how happy I am with the results. The Juvederm popped my scar back up and it looks like nothing was ever there. As for the botox, not only do I not longer have a scrunchy nose, I no longer get mirgraines either! He is a great Doctor and I plan to see him every 3 months for more botox!

|  Wonderful experience!!  |  show details
by luvsunflowers at Citysearch on Jan 14th, 2011 on citysearch.com

As my 40th birthday approached, I felt I deserved to treat myself to my very first Botox treament. With no prior experience with Botox I obviously discussed thie treatment with friends - was it painful, would l like it, where should I go for the injections. The common answer I received from everyone I talked to was - The Center for Facial Appearances and Dr. John McCann. I was apprehensive but as soon as I walked into the door I was greeted by a receptionist who not only greeted me but took time to talk about the procedure prior to my visit with the doctor. Dr. McCann was very personable, professional, and set my mind at ease answering all my questions regarding Botox, the risks, pricing, etc. I absolutely love the results and am thankful to my friends who encouraged me to see Dr. McCann!

|  Don`t trust anyone else!  |  show details
by saltlakegoer at Citysearch on Jan 7th, 2011 on citysearch.com

Everyone at work kept telling me how tired I looked. So after I did my research online and talked to a few close friends, it was evident that I had to get in to see Dr. McCann. He is the best in town. I went in for a consultation and suggested that I wanted a face lift. After discussing with Dr. McCann what my main concerns were he told me what would benefit me the most. He was very honest in telling me that a facelift would not address the areas that bothered me. I took his word for it and did eyelid rejuvenation surgery instead. I can NOT believe how amazing I look. I feel more confident in myself and everyone at work keeps asking what my secret is. I planned the recovery so that I could leave town and come back looking `refreshed`. He did such a wonderful job. I would never trust my face to anyone else!

|  LOVE MY BOTOX!  |  show details
by photorun at Citysearch on Jan 4th, 2011 on citysearch.com

If you are looking for a little something for yourself this year look here! I just got Botox injected by Dr. McCann and I love it! Its only the 4th day of the year but so far.. BEST THING I`VE DONE ALL YEAR

|  Dr. McCann-Utah`s best facial plastic surgeon!  |  show details
by acheron at Citysearch on Jan 4th, 2011 on citysearch.com

Dr. McCann is simply the best and I want everyone to know it!! I`ve had it all done from botox injections to surgery and I have never had a better doctor. I visited a lot of plastic surgeons in Utah for consultations and injections. No one was more informative, patient and made me feel as comfortable as Dr. McCann, and his staff is wonderful. When I visited all of the doctors, I did so to test their technique and outcomes with injections before I trusted anyone to do surgery on my face. It was obvious after my first visit to Dr. McCann for injections botox and filler that he was undoubtedly the best! My results were stellar and I felt that Dr. McCann was the only doctor I would feel comfortable doing my surgeries. It was the best decision I`ve ever made- I have never been happier and it was obvious to me that I could not have found a better surgeon anywhere. I feel so fortunate that I found Dr. McCann-he is a true artist.

|  FIVE STARS!  |  show details
by Nooka at Citysearch on Jan 4th, 2011 on citysearch.com

I am in LOVE with Dr. McCann and his wonderful staff. They are so great at making me feel at home when I visit the office. Dr. McCann has his staff apply numbing cream to the areas he is going to inject. Botox has never hurt me per say, but it was nice to be eased from the prick of the needle. They also provided me with disposable ice packs when I have my lips filled to help the swelling deminish immediatelty. I would never consider going anywhere else in the state. No wonder they have so many patients that fly in from other states to see Dr. McCann. He is the answer to my prayers.

|  Utah`s best oculoplastic surgeon  |  show details
by acheron at Citysearch on Jan 4th, 2011 on citysearch.com

Dr. McCann is simply the best & I want every one to know it!! I`ve had \"it all done\" from injections to surgery and I`ve never had a better doctor. I visited other plastic surgeons in Utah and had consultations and injections. No one was more informative & patient than Dr. McCann and his staff is wonderful. When I visited all of the doctors, I wanted to test out their technique and outcomes with injections first before I trusted anyone to do surgery on my face! It was obvious after my first visit for injections botox & filler that Dr. McCann was the absolute best! My results were stellar and I felt that Dr. McCann was the only doctor I could trust with my surgeries. I have never been happier in my life! My results were so wonderful- people didn`t look at me and say, \"oh, you had plastic surgery\", instead I just got a lot of people stating that I was looking really pretty, or a lot happier and it was very obvious to me that I could not have found a better surgeon anywhere. I feel so fortunate that I found Dr. McCann, there is no one better anywhere!

|  A IN SERVICE AND TECHNIQUE!  |  show details
by happypatient88 on Feb 24th, 2010 on citysearch.com

This was my first visit to Dr. McCann however this was not my first time getting Botox and Filler. I`ve been to several different states with my job and have been known to get my Botox and filler where it was "convienent". Not anymore! After my experience with Dr. John McCann mediocre is a thing of my past. I will be sending my friends to Dr. McCann!

|  Worst Doctor I have ever been to!  |  show details
by BLL on Jan 28th, 2010 on citysearch.com

He promises you all sorts of things, takes your money. Injects fillers that cause all sorts of lumps and bumps...creating worse problems then before you saw him to begin with. He refuses to fix anything. Once he gets your money, he does not keep any promises and treats you like dirt. He walks out in the middle of conversations with you and refuses to even follow through on anything he said he would do in the beginning. I have never seen anything like this doctor. Stay away from him!