A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. John Spence McClelland:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
be the first!
Specialties & Research
Dr. John Spence McClelland, MD is board certified in Internal Medicine and Cardiovascular Disease.
- He has special expertise in 4 areas:
- Acute Coronary Syndrome (ACS)
- Heart Block
- High Blood Pressure (Hypertension)
- Unstable Angina
Education & Awards
Dr. Spence McClelland graduated from Medical College of Georgia, Augusta.
Dr. Spence McClelland has 8 hospital affiliations:
- St Elizabeth Hospital
- Baton Rouge General Medical Center
Accepted Insurance Plans
Dr. Spence McClelland accepts these health insurances in at least one office:
- United Healthcare - 20 plans
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of Louisiana - 2 plans
- Cigna - 11 plans
- Humana - 2 plans
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of Michigan - 2 plans
- Louisiana Medicaid - 1 plan
- USA H & W Network - 1 plan
- Aetna - 2 plans
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Where does Dr. John Spence McClelland practice?
Dr. John Spence McClelland practices Internal Medicine, Cardiovascular Disease, Cardiology, and Interventional Cardiology near Baton Rouge, LA.
Additional practice locations include: Saint Francisville, LA and Denham Spgs, LA.
See Baton Rouge Internists and Baton Rouge Cardiologists.