Dr. John Mcconnell MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

3.6

July 5th, 2014
Highly recommended by this ER nurse !
I saw Dr McConnell after a failed first repair by another Dallas surgeon. I tried to 'live' for 3 years with an unstable shoulder and chronic severe pain, Dr McConnell repaired what was missed by the first surgeon. I am now kicking butt in physical therapy and I'm literally pain free. I would refer my own children to Dr McConnell !

September 18th, 2012
Ms. Young
Dr. McConnell is a very caring doctor that listens to the patient without any pre-judgement of how and why the patient was injured. After exams, xrays and/or other testing is when Dr. McConnell makes a cautious decision on the patients injury/injuries. How do I know this, because I'm a patient of his that is very pleased of how my ankle surgery came out. Yes, I will admit that the wait time is not good, but once your able to get into a room and Dr. McConnell comes in.. he's all ears. I have no complaints. When I had my ankle surgery every went very well. My knee surgery is still up in the air, not because of Dr. McConnell but due to my Worker's Comp Adjuster whom stopped my approved surgery by the outsource company that the adjuster uses to determine if the surgery is deemed necessary or unnecessary. Dr. McConnell did all that he could medically legal to get the adjuster to agree to pay, but the adjuster still has not let go of her "denial" special stamp just for me.

June 18th, 2012
OMG worst DR I have come in contact with
Office staff my question does any one know what is going on? waited over an hour to see him very poor time management skills, I thought he was quite arrogant and he would not listen to my concerns and kept just pushing for a surgery I wanted to try everything before surgery but all he wanted to do was surgery, just from my visit I would not recommend this Dr. to anyone.

April 1st, 2012
I highly recommend this doctor as he was the first doctor I had seen who actually took the time needed with me and physically examined my knee as well as studying the reports. He did surgery on my knee and I now have no pain (I did the required rehab to get the result I hoped for)

October 25th, 2011
I would not recommend this Dr for surgery. I was a workman comp patient and got very poor care . I have had to have surgery 3 times on the same shoulder. I also had to wait up to 6 hrs at his clinic to see him. Appointments mean nothing.

July 10th, 2011
finally a proper diagnosis and treatment that helped!

May 31st, 2011
so unprofessional
it was a very bad experience, he changed my appointments too many times without any notice. once I had to come from Wisconsin to Dallas from a work assignment, because I had a surgery appointment, when I walked into the office, the receptionist told me that I have no appointment for today, and it has been scheduled for 3 weeks later..... it was the third time I have heard that in such a short period of time.....,He'll never give you the truth, he lied to me about my surgery approval too, he said that the insurance did not approve the surgery. I asked him WHY? He said: you know; the insurance is always trying to make it hard for the patient... to not spend money on him. when I called the insurance after four times he is saying that, they said that he never made a single request for it....... so embarrassing, he should be so ashamed because he doesn't care about his patients all he cares about is money...... I don't recommend doctor John C Mcconnell to any one..... at the end it's your choice..

February 23rd, 2011
OMG
i would not recommend this doctor and wondering why he has not been taken out of business.

October 19th, 2009
no rating is bad enough
i can not see this doctor getting any type of reward for anything to you check to see if it was real, you need to ask him how many patience he has left altered and deformed from his bad procedures and how many mistakes he has made during procedures changing a person life totally