Dr. John Mcgarry MD Patient Reviews

August 1st, 2016
runner
Top notch doctor

February 24th, 2016
My experience with Dr. McGarry and his staff was excellent right along with my surgery and recovery.

February 16th, 2016
I am very pleased with the service I received from Dr McGarry.

October 19th, 2015
condescending
I saw Dr McGarry in the summer of 2012 for a knee injury. He was condescending and offensive with his tone and suggestions. I had people say to me that if an ortho. can't do surgery, then they don't have time for you. I thought that must be an exaggeration, but now I'm not so sure. I have actively recommended others not see him.

October 7th, 2015
Excellent Job
Dr. McGarry did an excellent job. Additionally, the Physical Therapy has gone well. I am in better shape today than before I tore a ligament in my rotator cuff.

September 11th, 2015
Dr. John e Mcgarry is the best doctor. He did my two knees and its excellent less pain and my recovery is so fast. He give so much love and attention to me as a patient. I highly recommend him to all my friends and families

May 14th, 2015
Fantastic doctor!
I had a previous doctor telling me that I had osteoarthritis on my knee so I decided to go for a second opinion. Dr McGarry was quick to tell me that the previous diagnosis was wrong and that I only have IT band tendonitis. He was very courteous, took the time to explain my condition an treatment. He definitely made my day. Im glad I found him via google.

June 11th, 2014
Doctor was condescending. Spent less than 5 minutes in exam. Plano Orthopedics is expensive without any relief. If you are thinking of going there - don't do it!! Staff is also rude and I was given someone else's RX. I wish I went somewhere else!

August 4th, 2013
BEST DOCTOR
Dr. Mcgarry did my knee replacement last Feb. My recovery is verygood and everytime I go to visit his clinic for follow up . I feel so comfortable. The front desk are so nice and the nurses take care of me so well. Thank you very much Dr. Mcgarry , you do a very good job of my knee and I'm back to life with no pain and very excited to retire soon.

April 18th, 2013
Disappointed in Office Visits
I been to Dr McGarry's office on 3 occasions recently, every time he seemed too busy and did not want to take much time in addressing my questions. I was not sure if he acted this way in fear of not knowing an answer or was too busy. In my last appointment I supplied an MRI report and he asked my details on where exactly the pain was in attempt to diagnose the problem. The problem was spelled out clearly in the report so I do not think he took anytime to read it. MRI are expensive, too bad he does not read them. Also on the last appointment he said he had to go get me a prescription written up and I never saw him a again. I left the room and heard him talking with another patient in another room. I do not know if he totally forgot about me or thought I could wait around for him to do another appointment. I did not stick around to find out. I went to the front desk, complained, and left. I would not recommend anyone to this doctor. I need surgery and there is no way I would let this guy do it.

February 19th, 2013
The best and caring doctor
I have my knee arthroplasty with Dr. John E Mcgarry and I fell that care of a doctor that even in the very early morning he visits me in the hospital and check if I'm okey. He is the best. I'm so happy that he make me back to my normal life without pain.

October 29th, 2012
Worst staff, unprofessional office staff
I had doctor's apppointment @11:30 and got 5 minutes late because I could not find the place. Even though I called the staff for direction before 11:30am because I was not able to find the place. When I reached there, the front office lady blamed me that I am late and Doctor left and he can not see me today. This is totally unprofessinal. Most of the time, we all wait for around 1 hour then we as patient never complain and dcotors take advantage.If patient gets 5 minutes late then they blame. This is totally unfair. I would not go to this doctor and will not recomend anyone to go there. They provide the worst service. The doctor will never give you more than 15 min and they charge for 45 min. I have never seen this kind of staff in my life before. Please be careful from them.